Wednesday, August 20, 2014

HG Rain calendar/card

Hello!

Ever color up an image, then put it aside, totally forget about it and as you're looking for something you come across it?  Well that's what happened to this image.


This is HG -Rain from The Greeting Farm and I think I colored her sometime last year!!  I had initially started to keep the project as is above, but thought it was missing something.  I looked to my paper stash for some inspiration.   I have tons of patterned paper and this particular one seemed to grab my attention.  So I cut some of it down but was left with a large space to fill and then I was inspired to turn it in to a calendar/card.  Here's the final project all done up...

 

Ta-da!  hahaha...  I've been having a good time making these.  It's also helping me to use up some older materials.  I cut some of the poppy flowers down and popped them up in some strategic places. Using my Perlen pen, I added "raindrops" all over the place.


Above is a side shot with a close up of the drops on the flower petals.  I used my Wink of Stella glitter pen to color over all the flowers.  It looks prettier IRL.


And how about some rain on HG-Rain?  I also added that small poppy flower to her lapel.  I love how this turned out, mostly because my image was already colored (score) and I only had to come up with the rest of it.  (hahaha)



Oh how I wish Marie would sketch up some new HGs, these were one of my favorite TGF lines, next to the Wild Sprouts.  I'll cross my fingers.  For now, I'll say see ya later and thanks for stopping by!! 

6 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Hi ya my lovely friend, gosh I just love this gorgeous bright cheery card...awesome.xxxThe Journey is the Start

eunice said...

Super cute calendar, Leanne! LOL, only took a year to finish! You're so funny! But it was worth the wait, because I love how this turned out. So cute how you added the little flower to her lapel...and I definitely need to get my hands on that Perlen stuff that you've been doing rain dew drops with...NEAT!

eva said...

so cute! i love the flowers and the cute little one on her lapel!

Shar said...

Ooooooo this is so cute Leanne!!!, you are so awesome with your coloring and layouts!,

Denice said...

Isn't she just a cutie?!! Love your calendar, and don't think I haven't noticed the stash you've been building! LOL! Love this!
:Dxx

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Awww, HG-Rain is so happy you found her. She's all smiles now. Your calendar turned out super sweet. Have a nice and crafty LONG weekend.