Monday, July 7, 2014

Welcome little one - Spotlight time at KBD

Hello!

Hope you all had a wonderful long weekend spent with family, friends, food and some fireworks.  I spent the weekend going to Anime Expo, watched fireworks in my neighborhood, and got in some good food with friends & family.  So all the bases were covered. :)  I got in some craft time too. Made a few cards for fun and for my DT responsibilities. Today is the 1st Monday of the month and I have the spotlight at the Kitty Bee Designs blog...


Here's my version of baby shabby chic.  I used one of my favorite KBD images, Balloon Flying Panda, for today's spotlight.  There seems to be a lot of ladies at work that are expecting so I need to make sure I have enough cards to give out.  This image is perfect for any baby theme.  I love that I can color it up using neutral, boy or girly tones.  Here I used more girly tones.  I'm glad I was able to use a lot of my tools and supplies. Especially my newer dies.


Here's a close up of some of the dies used.  The first is the Lovely view die by Spellbinders for Little Darlings.  Love this die, it's really pretty.  I first used kraft cardstock to cut it, embossed it with a Swiss dots folder and using corduroy ink with a sponge I went all the way around it to give it that cool rustic color.  I did the same to most of this card trying not to go overboard.  The banner and corner dies are from La-La Land Crafts.  I'm slowly building up my LLLC and MFT die collection and am hoping to be able to use them all real soon.  The other die I used was a leaf die from LLLC that is right under the giant Prima flower.  The sentiment is one from my computer generated stash that I cut in to a banner and distressed.


Glad I can add this card to my stash, it'll just be really hard to let it go.  LOL!  Anyone else have that problem? hehe... Anyhoos, stop by the Kitty Bee Designs Etsy store to pick up some adorable images and then come join our current challenge, click HERE for more details.  And last before I sign off I'd like to share that the new members of our design team have been announced, click HERE to find out who they are. Make sure to stop by and welcome them to the team.

Mahalo for stopping by today, have a great week and I hope you get in some crafty time.

Leanne
Team Bees for Kitty Bee Designs

4 comments:

Rachel Parys said...

Shut the front door!! Love this bear!!!!! Too super cute, love that he is being lifted by balloons! Another cutie!

eva said...

so pretty! i love that spellbinders die and it looks great with the embossing!

Denice said...

If this isn't the cutest image ever!! So stinkin' cute, makes for a great card!
:Dxx

eunice said...

Super CUTE! Never thought of mixing "cute" with "shabby" before, but you did an amazing job with it. And that Kitty Bee panda is just too irresistible... thanks for the link... awww...but is that cutie stamp retired? Can't seem to find him in the store....