Friday, December 7, 2012

LFF #49 - Mariko, Wishing you...

"a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year"

Happy Aloha Friday everyone!

Does anyone else feel that this month is going by too quickly?  I need to get going if I want to do what I need to do!  Yikes!!  hahaha!  Who else is scrambling to finish off their projects?  For those who are done or almost done I envy you!!  {hehe}

Here is another completed Christmas card, yay!  Featuring Mariko from Sister Stamps and some beautiful MIC chipboard.  She is the perfect image for any celebration. 


I colored her up with lots of red and left parts white.  Her hair was fun to color as well, I used Copics E55, E57 and a little bit of E59.  That's another thing I love about Sister Stamps, their hair is so fun to color!  The first being that they are so darn cute!  The chipboard is part of the Holly Oval frames and Ornate corners sets and boy are they awesome!!  I colored them both first with a white pencil and then with Copic markers, I read about that on Alyce's blog and wanted to try it.  Check out her awesome page, she's one amazing crafter!!!  The holly leaves are colored with a white gel pen, and the berries were colored with R46, Stickles & then diamond glazed.  The frame & corners are colored with E59 and I love how it looks like wood grain.  Don't know if that's the effect from coloring on to the white pencil or because my marker was acting up, but for whatever reason it made some cool woodgrain!  The swirls are colored with E57 and they also look like wood, but a slightly lighter shade.

For the rest of the card I matted two white pieces of cardstock to a kraft card which I distressed using white ink, on top of that is a red embossed piece of cardstock that is also distressed with white ink to soften up the edges.  On top of that is a small piece of cheesecloth which I also discovered on Alyce's blog.  The sentiment is from the Holiday Trinkets by Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps and it was stamped with white ink and then wet embossed on to kraft cardstock.

This card qualifies for the Yumi & Fumi Handmade December challenge because I used the theme colors, red, camel and white and I used a qualifying stamp.  Too bad I can't link it up, would love to try to get one of those awesome banners!  {hehehe}  But you don't have to worry cause YOU can link up, just follow the rules on the blog and enter.  The prize is awesome!!  For all the details click HERE


Okie dokes, there are a couple of you who have not messaged me their snail mail so please Heidi Brawley and Jazzmom please email me at quikhonu34{at}yahoo{dot}com so I can send out your prizes for past LFF posts.  As for the others I will be shipping them out next week.  Ok, for this week's LFF #49 giveaway I have a stamp and some other goodies to share, just leave me a comment and I will pick a winner and share on Monday.  Here's your question:  What are your "go to" Christmas colors this year?  I'm all over the place, but I've been loving the non-traditional colors like blues, lighter greens with dark reds and touches of white, and anything with kraft & white.  So many fun colors you can incorporate as long as you have the right image, papers or embellishments. 

All the MIC chipboards were purchased via SCACD.  Love this store and the customer service is da' bomb!

That's all for me folks.  Enjoy your Aloha Friday and have a great weekend!!!
Mahalo for stopping by!
Hugs,
Lilo

3 comments:

Mary J said...

OMG, I love this sweet gorgeous card Leanne!

Cyndi said...

So beautiful! Love the red and details! Have a great weekend!

Sonia said...

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL Leanne!
Great JOB!
-Sony