Wednesday, August 1, 2012

HB2U - Lollipop Crafts 2nd Anniversary Hop

*Scroll down for my SCRS post.*


(Let's try this again!)
Aloha and welcome to the Lollipop Crafts 2nd Annual blog hop!  We're jumping in from our long hiatus with this celebratory blog hop.  You should have arrived from Sony’s blog, but if you didn’t you’re in for a treat!  You should head on over to the Lollipop Crafts blog to start at the beginning because that's where the celebration starts!  You won’t want to miss out on any of the DT’s pages. Why?  Well there are hidden prizes everywhere!  Not only are there hidden prizes on our pages, but there are prizes hiding on the LC blog too.  The hop starts today, 8/1 at the Lollipop Crafts blog and will run until 8/4. That gives you plenty of time to get to everyone’s pages and comment.  Now it wouldn't be fun with just a blog hop right?  Of course not!  That's why we're also adding a Celebration Challenge to the mix.  All you have to do is create a project, card or 3-D, anything you like with a "Celebration" theme and upload it to our LC page.   It's a short challenge, running through 8/4.  The details are all on the LC blog post.  Including the long list of our wonderful sponsors.

We are also super excited to welcome our guest designer for August.  Please say a big Aloha to Barbara of Forgotten Scraps and creator of Little Miss Muffet Stamps.  Did you all know that Barbara was on the very first LC design team?  She was and we are all excited to have her come back to help us celebrate.  Welcome Barbara, so happy to have you joining us this month! J

Now let's get to my share... I created this card using two little girls that are close to my heart.  Meet Yumi & Fumi from ______________(can you guess?).  (It shouldn't be too hard... LOL)
They wanted to help celebrate with a HB2U banner...  

I cased my fellow, YFH DT, Eva's card that she posted here.  I colored Yumi (on the right) & Fumi (on the left) with Copics and the HB2U is also written with a Copic marker.  Yes you can use your Copics for things other than coloring.  I used the neglected chiseled side of the marker to write out the HB2U.  The hearts were punched out with two different punches and I layered the top ones up with pop dots.  Also used two different Fiskars border punches for the top and bottom.   The designer paper is from DCWV THE RUSTIC stack.  LOVE THIS PAPER PAD.  This card is a bit different than what I'm used to, but I like it and may use this one more often. 

Before I send you off to the next blog, I want to thank those of you who participated in the June and July month long challenges.  You are all the reason why we are still here.  Thank you!
Don’t forget to leave a comment before you head on over to my team captain, Alanna’s blog. 

Happy 2nd Anniversary Lollipop Crafts!  Cheers to many, many more!! 

Mahalo for stopping by! J
Hugs, Leanne J

21 comments:

Rachel Parys said...

Super cute idea! Love them holding up the banner! I am laughing because I don't think I have ever used a single chiseled tip on any of my copics! (that's crazy talk!)

eva said...

aww, i'm so flattered that you would case my card!! thank you! i love your card and the sweet heart banner!

Karen McAlpine said...

Yumi and Fumi

Alanna said...

What a darling card. I'll be off to check out more of Yumi and Fumi after the hop!

Sonia said...

Leanne, beautiful creation. Love the images.
-Sony

Mary J said...

So gorgeous - I am in love with these stamps! I'll have to check out the postage to the UK!

Mian said...

Beautiful creation!
My guess is Yumi and Fumi Handmade.

Mian
Simply Create Too Design Team Member
http://mianspysselhorna.blogspot.com

ParkNSlide said...

My 1st introduction to Yumi & Fumi Handmade. I am definitely going to check out these cuties. Love your banner.

Denice said...

This is adorable Leanne! Great job on the banner...I'm going to have to case that idea! I have to smile everytime I see Yumi and Fumi....their expressions are perfect!
:Dxx

Jazzmom said...

Leanne ~
Cute card ... love seeing Yumi & Fumi holding the banner.
Yumi & Fumi Handmade Stamps of course!

Salnclts said...

Cute card! Yumi & Fumi Homemade Stamps. :)

Mimi said...

oooh! just love the cute banner the girls are holding!! awesome coloring and great paper choice! ;D

Patty said...

Nice card!! And I suspect you used the Yumi & Fumi Handmade images for your card. Very cute girls!!

peifert88@gmail.com
hapscrappy.blogspot.com

Cyndi said...

Awesome card! They are so cute and love the colors! Love the banner!

Cris said...

yumi and fumi handmade. cute cards :O)

Anonymous said...

Could it me Yumi and Fumi handlamde? ;) Gorjuss card!! :D

Lucy Newton said...

love your little girls, adorable!!!

deesdesigns said...

OMG - this is too cute! Thank you for introducing me to Yumi & Fumi - they are adorable!!!

Theresa's Studio said...

Great banner. Have this right I think---Yumi and Fumi Handmade

Lorraine said...

So cute! Yumi & Fumi Handmade!

Dena said...

This is so cute, Leanne! As usual, your coloring is just amazing! TFS!

Aloha,
Dena Jones