Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Happy Birthday Lauren!

Hello!!

As you know it was my friend's daughter's birthday on Friday.  We celebrated by going to Disneyland where she had a terrific time.  Sunday was her actual party and that morning she was baptized.  It was truly a full weekend of celebrations for her and she was as energetic and happy as if it was second nature for her to be on the go.  I made another birthday card for her to go along with the present and also tried to make it a lot more special.  I picked one of the adorable Beans from The Greeting FarmGlimmer Bean and made a floral shaped card.  I think this little girl looks a lot like Lauren so I was happy to use her.


Please excuse the quality of the picture.  I forgot to take one before giving it to the birthday girl, luckily I was able to take one afterwards when I visited them yesterday.  Lauren's colors are green & pink so I had to find the perfect shades to work with.  I had some long forgotten paper pads that helped and used some embossing folders and a nesting flower die to create this fun card.  The sentiment is from AmyR and the "1" was cut using a Cuttlebug die.  Lots of dots and polka dots.  The dp in the center is from a Heidi Grace paper pad and I love that it matched my theme.  Isn't Glimmer Bean adorable?!  I trimmed her out this time, but she normally has a lot of cute curly cues and fun stuff around her.  Marie did a terrific job on this line.  I know there is another Bean being introduced today on the TGF blog so head on over there to get the deets.

Here is another shot that kinda looks like an instagram... hahaha!


Okie dokes folks... hehehe...  I've been trying to get to your blogs to leave some love so if you get a few from me don't be alarmed just trying to catch up.  You are all so wonderful for leaving me super awesome messages, I'll try to keep up with mine.  Take care!!


Mahalo for stopping by!
Hugs,
Leanne

8 comments:

Loves Happy Hour said...

Very cute!! Love the colors!!

Cheers!
Loves Happy Hour

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

Awww this is too cute Leanne! Love the shape of the card and the cute colours on her :)

Unknown said...

Sweet and fun! I want to go to Disneyland!! :)

I gave up on catching up! LOL I think I will always be behind! LOL I try to visit a little sometimes using my phone. hehe

eva said...

how cute! love the shape of this card! and we love disneyland!! i am just trying to finish up our disneyland digital scrapbook!

Denice said...

Such a lucky little girl...not one, but two fabulous cards from you AND a trip to Disneyland!
What's not to love about a Bean on a shaped card?!! Perfect in every way.
:Dxx

Mary J said...

Incredibly sweet Leanne!

Rachel Parys said...

Very sweet! I love the shape of the card, it's so cool! Great job!

Cyndi said...

Very cute card! Love the flower shape! Yay, we both went to Disneyland!