Saturday, March 12, 2011

A New Sheriff in Town

Before I share my card for today I want to take a moment to send out prayers to the people of Japan & New Zealand (suffered from last month's earthquake). The devastation they endured is so heartbreaking. My thoughts and prayers are with them, their families & friends. My co-worker's son is turning 3 tomorrow. She is having a cowboy themed birthday party for him today. I was so excited about that. I have been wanting to make a little boy card for sometime now. Couldn't wait to make a cowboy themed card and knew just which stamp I wanted to use. He's an oldie but a goodie in my book, his name is Sheriff Ian and he's the new sheriff in town. :) Paper pieced his bandana around his neck and the one around his cowboy hat. Used Copics to color in his outfit as well as to give the background an old vintage look. The star is a stamp from the cowboy set I purchased a few years ago from the Cat's Pajama's. Can you believe this is the first time I've inked it up? I'm going to have to make time to play with that set, yea after I finish all the other projects I want to do. hahaha! I'm not sure if you can tell, but I diamond glazed the star as well as the belt buckle. Before diamond glazing the belt buckle I colored it with a silver sparkle pen. The "P" is the first initial of my co-worker's son's name.

This sentiment is another stamp from the same cowboy stamp set. I thought it was perfect for this card. Can you guess where I got my title for the card from? hehehe, yep it was just that simple. :) Love it when things just fall in to place when I'm not looking. (hehe) I kept it all boy with a few birthday pieces thrown in. (Like the balloons and glitter) The papers I used are from a DCWV paper pad called, Twinkle Twinkle Little Boy. I just love this paper. It's all boy with stars, plaids and polka dots in cool boy colors. :)
I pulled out my Cricut to cut out the big stars, used a star punch for the smaller star and a Cuttlebug die to cut out the "3". The balloons and squiggles are dies from ATS. Through out the card I sponged the edges to soften up the paper. The last fun thing I added was the twine. I just tied a simple knot and it was done.
Okie dokie, that's all I have for now. Hope you have an enjoyable Saturday evening. Don't forget to set your clocks to "Spring" forward before you go to bed tonight. Oh, and I'll have my La-La Land Crafts post tomorrow. Mahalo for stopping by!
Hugs,
Leanne

3 comments:

Nady said...

Bravo! very pretty card! I love the little sheriff and the small banner with the greeting. hugs
Nadyne xx

1LuvnMama said...

That is one super cool card using Sheriff Ian. Luv how you incorporated the balloon dies into the card. :)

Unknown said...

You totally rocked that kids birthday by making all these awesome cards and decor!!!