Saturday, March 12, 2011

Cowboys & Cowgirls

{This is my second post, scroll down to see the cowboy card I made} :)
I made these fun decorations for my co-worker's son's birthday party. (Yes his card is the one I just posted) I colored up Sheriff Ian and Wild West Anya with Copics. To save time and make things a lot easier for me as well as save some ink I colored each of the images one time then printed them in color on some white card stock. The color is slightly different then the original, but they looked very close, so I was happy with the result. Going simple with the design I cut them up into rectangles and then rounded the edges out with a corner punch. Next I sponged the edges all the way around with brown ink. (Yes I do this a lot, but I love it) A simple knot with twine is all I added to the corners. My co-worker is going to use these to decorate some pixie stix she's giving out to the kids. Any left overs she's going to use as decorations.
Using the same images I blew them up to about 4 1/2" and cut them out. My co-worker will be using them to decorate two vases of flowers she is using for table decorations.
Alrighty, I'm outie!
Hugs,
Leanne

4 comments:

Nady said...

Oh wow this is great! It is a very good idea to have them printed, because one has to do all that one would have been very long. Congratulations, it's great!
hugs
Nadyne xx

Unknown said...

This is such a great idea, Leanne! These turned are so cute!

Mimi said...

Leanne, you are amazing!! Great project and super cute too! Loved your Sherrif Ian card too! You are always super creative with projects...how do you do it?! Hope you enjoy your Sunday!! ;)

Unknown said...

Super cute! :)