Monday, September 30, 2013

Last September post

Hey everyone!

Did you get a chance to stop by the Y&FH blog over the weekend?  We posted our winner & Top 3 on Saturday and revealed our new challenge and it's a fun photo inspiration/anything goes.  Head on over now so you can play along with us.  Click HERE to get started. :)

Today is the last day of September and I guess I'm sad about that.  It's usually the start of the Fall season and the end to Summer.  Don't get me wrong, I love Fall, getting to wear layers of clothes and pull out the Halloween decorations, a time to start shopping for the Thanksgiving dinner and then next thing you it's Christmas and a New Year starting.  Living in So Cal ya never know what the weather will be, but I look forward to more warmer weather for as long as we can have it.  As long as I have my fan & water, I'll be good.  hahaha. 

For my last September post I have a birthday card to share.  It's another CAS, which I have been leaning towards lately.  I saw this layout on Laura's blog and thought it was lovely.  Her using the plain card, with that pop of pretty paper and adorable image was perfect for what I wanted to accomplish.  Please make sure to stop by to see her beautiful card featuring Miyoko from Sister Stamps.   For my card I used Summer Yumi from our Hang Loose Collection.  (Both stamps can be purchased at the Yumi & Fumi online store.)

Happy Birthday with Summer Yumi

I had a good time with this one.  The paper helped with my color combo and adding the black butterflies tied it together nicely.  The sentiment is from Paper Smooches and is always a favorite of mine.  I paper pieced Summer Yumi's top and using a Copic marker added some shadows.  Not a lot of crafters like to go towards kraft, but I really like using it, especially with the nice blacks and reds as accents.

Summer Yumi

This card is going to my co-worker who happens to be celebrating her birthday today.  Hope she likes it.  If you're reading this we'll probably be eating cake and ice-cream.  Thanks for stopping by and I hope your last day in September is a good one!!  Take care and maybe you'll see me back tomorrow.

Hugs,
Leanne

2 comments:

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Love this birthday card you made for your co-worker in Fall colors. Bet she'll be all smiles. Like you, I kind of dread the cold winter weather. Where I live, it can dip into the 50's in the winter. Anything below 60 is too cold for me. What a whimp yah? Hee-hee.

Unknown said...

I love the Fall colors, Leanne! This is super fun and adorable! Yup, Summer is over, which means my allergy is back! :( It started this weekend! lol I used to love FA//Winter but since I started having allergy, not anymore! lol I do love the Fall colors and I LOVE Christmas! Hope you are doing well, Leanne!