Friday, July 19, 2013

Kitty Bee Designs CH#4 - Summer

Hey everyone!
I'm excited to announce that I'm part of the Kitty Bee Design Team and will be designing on the Bees Team.  They had a DT call a while back and I thought why not try out, there's a 50/50 chance I might make it.  And I'm so honored that I was chosen.  These are some fun and talented ladies.  Hope I can keep up.  (hehe)  I was first introduced to Kitty Bee Designs when I was on the Lollipop Crafts team and fell in love with the adorable images.  Now it's pretty awesome that I get a chance to share how cute these images are on a regular basis.  Yay for me!

Let's get to my first share for Team Bees:

CHALLENGE #4 is all about SUMMER. 

For more inspiration and more info on the challenge details stop by the Kitty Bee Designs blog and check out what the rest of Bees created.

When I think of summer for some reason I think of something cold.  Like a favorite icy treat.  A Hawaiian treat...shave ice!  Yay!

I've tried several places here in Los Angeles, there are all kinds of shave ice places here, but to find the best shave ice you gotta go to Hawai'i. I've visited the famous Matsumoto's on the North Shore of Oahu and Aoki's, but my most memorable spot was one I tried on Maui.  My friend took a bunch of us to go get shave ice at of all places, a Laundromat!  We all thought it was quite funny until we tasted the sweet dessert and we were hooked.  From the time she took us until the time we actually left Maui we had gone there almost everyday, sometimes twice a day.  Pretty interesting the places you'll find ono food when you know someone local.  Oh yea, good times! 

For my summer challenge share I decided to use one of my very first purchases from KBD, Shave Ice Anyone Bunny.


This is one adorable image!!  I case'd this card from Sister Stamps owner, Jenny. Used paper from Recollections and Surf's Up paper pad.  The yellow cardstock is also from Recollections and the white cardstock is Neenah.  Used Distress inks mustard seed, spun sugar and wild honey to frame bunny out.  Next I colored up this image with Copics and after coloring the shave ice I added diamond stickles to the top, looks just like shave ice to me.  yum!  See, here's a close up...  This flavor is guava, lilikoi, mango.  Hey it's my card I'll have what I want on it. lol!




Well my friends, that's all from me today.  Make sure to stop by the Kitty Bee Designs Blog to see all the details for CH #4.  Hope you'll join in on the fun!  Good luck!!

Have a great weekend!!

Hugs,
Leanne

7 comments:

Creations by Shirl said...

Yummy card Leanne! Yeh, on being on the same Bees Team....
Enjoy your happy Friday and crafty weekend!

Unknown said...

Love the flavor combination! Must try some time...and love your colors! So glad you've joined our team!!!

Unknown said...

Beautiful card, love the paper,the image is stunning hugs txx glad to be on the same team

eva said...

congrats, leanne!!! now you'll be even more super busy! cute bunny and card! i love that yellow distressing!

Julie said...

This is super cute! Love how you've inked around the bunny!

Hugs from your Teamie!

Julie

Katherine said...

Cute card - I love the yellow around the bunny!

Cyndi said...

Super cute Leanne! Love the image! Congrats on your new DT!