Sunday, October 14, 2012

Y&FH challenge #5 - No Patterned Paper!

Hello everyone!

This week we are starting a new challenge at the Yumi & Fumi Handmade blogRosie is giving some of the DT a mild heart attack because this week she wants us to use NO PATTERNED PAPER!  Oh my!!!  Now for some of you it might be hard, but this is where you can have fun with embossing folders or stamps in the background OR you could break out your embossing plates and do textures on the papers.  Either way it should be a lot of fun to see how you all interpret the challenge.  For some awesome inspiration please head on over to the Y&FH blog, the DT came through with flying colors!

I went super CAS by using an embossing folder, an EKS border punch and Fumi with Gift


I thought it would be fun to use the Geisha embossing folder this time around.  I have hardly used her and she adds a nice background to the otherwise really white background.  The EKS border punch reminded me of an Asian border.  After coloring up Fumi with Gift I distressed the inside to give it that nice white border around.  Used the rectangle and scallop rectangle to frame her out.  Sorry I don't have a list of marker colors, I colored this way back when the Kimono series first debuted.  If I can remember or find the little post-it with the colors I will definitely list it.


We hope you will be able to play, there is a prize this time around and remember you can use several different stamp companies besides Yumi & Fumi Handmade stamps, although we'd love it if you played with Yumi & Fumi or any of their friends.  For a full list check out the Challenge tab on the main blog page.  Mahalo for stopping by, hope you all have a great week!

Hugs,
Leanne

4 comments:

Unknown said...

i thought that (Geisha) was from a paper! Totally cool! I don't think I ever saw that embossing folder...
Awesome card, Leanne!

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

oooh gorgeous! Love the embossing...how beautiful. The design looks great :)

Denice said...

Love your take on this challenge, the embossed geisha is perfect, as if the design.
:Dxx

Cyndi said...

Beautiful! Love your coloring and layout!