Monday, July 30, 2012

Thank you Davy!

Happy Monday!
Hope you are all doing well.  Have you been watching the Olympics?  I have and I have to say, it's pretty cool to see all the different events and all the participants compete.  What I don't like is that the internet already has all the results posted when we haven't even seen the event. No bueno!  But all in all it's been a really nice weekend of sports.

This is going to be a quick one as the card itself is pretty self explanatory.  hehehe...

We had a temp working with us this summer.  His name is Davy and Friday was his last day with us.  He's going back to school, so we wanted to take him out for lunch and I made him a card.  Nothing too fancy just something cool to say Thanks. 


I was stoked that his name fit with the thank you like a crossword puzzle and that I didn't have to go too big with the base.  Yea!!  Used the CC Design cutter alphabet dies for the letters, a Sizzix embossing folder for the polka dots.  The stamped image is Backpack Oliver from Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps.  Used dark brown & kraft cs here as well as Rich Cocoa Memento ink to stamp Oliver and distress the paper.  On the inside I stamped the full image of Backpack Oliver, but since we all already signed it I didn't take a picture.



Hugs,
Leanne

3 comments:

Rachel Parys said...

That is super fun! Great crossword idea! Very cool guy card!

eva said...

today's monday right? in any case, hope you like what is inside my card!

i love how davy's name fit so perfectly! don't you love when things work out like that?

Cyndi said...

Very fun card! Love how his name fit with the thank you!