Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Casing Linda K. on my own

I received a lovely card with some goodies sent to me by the talented Linda from Simple and Sassy Creations.  Little did I know that when we were posting on FB that the image she posted would come to me.  I was so happy when I opened the envelope and saw this cutie that I literally LOL! I was her April Secret Sister swap-ee.  I just love it!  So many pretty sparklies and that adorable "Tiny Dancer" from Tiddly Inks colored so prettily.  I love that she put them all together on a circle card instead of a normal kine card.  And she sent them with kind and wonderful words as only a Secret Sister would do.  Also in the box was a bag of yummy chocolate chip & mac nut cookies that have since been gobbled up as well as some pretty paper roses (going to hoard those for a while ~ hehehe) and some pretty clear stones.  She is so good to me.  Mahalo my friend!!  If any of you would like to sign up for the next Secret Sister Swap check out Kris' blog or go HERE for more details. 

Here is my adorable card from Linda:


I loved it so much that I had to case this card.  Using my new Pixies from Stamping Bella via the ATS store I created 4 Spring like cards just for fun.  I know their names are Parker, Persephone, Portia and Prisc, but I couldn't tell ya who is who so if anyone knows I'd be grateful for knowing.  I colored each up with Copics.  These are such cute images, so fun to color and play with. :)


All the sentiments are a retired set courtesy of The Greeting Farm.  The cardstock is Bazzil and the dp is from my current favorite K&Company Berry Sweet stack.  Using Spellbinders scalloped circles and regular circles.  Instead of using pretty sparklies like Linda, I used my new Viva Pearl Pens in copper & cream.  The first time I used these pens was at CHA in the La-La Land Crafts booth.  They add a pretty detail that can be substituted for gems.  The last items I added to each card were matching ribbon.

Wanted to say Mahalo to Linda for this wonderful inspirational card.   Now I have four quick and easy cards to use for any occassion.

Alrighty, signing off now.  Hope you all have a wonderful Tuesday.
Hugs,
Lilo

7 comments:

Jenny said...

Gorgeous cards. Such sweet images and fabulous colour matching. Love them! Now I might have to CASE them :-) Hugs Jenny B

Mimi said...

These are so cute Leanne! Love the card from Linda and your set of cards are gorgeous too! Make a great little gift set! ;)

Danni said...

So super cute and sweet!

Brenda said...

what a lucky girl to receive one of linda's fabulous cards! i love your cased cards too! those images are adorable! happy easter!

Sparkplug17 said...

These are just adorable!

Linda said...

Hey sister! Luv your cards!!! No wonder you're on so many DTs!!! This is the first time anyone cased a card I made ... and glad you liked the cookies! So ono yeah? Keep up the great work girl and I'll see you in the dollhouse. xoxo, Linda

Tasha said...

Wow these are so cute! Loving the fun colour combos and those stamps rock
love tasha xx