Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Vintage Wedding Card

This next card was supposed to be part of a series of cards I was creating for a cardmaking workshop I hosted last week at work. Every month a group of us try to get together during our lunch hour to make cards or do crafty projects. This enables others that don't get a chance to create in their spare time to come and release some creativity they've got stored away. It's also a great time for all of us crafters to get together, share ideas as well as bring in new crafters into our world.
My goal was to create 4 cards. Well in the process of making those cards I created this card. I was tempted to use it as one of the projects, but thought it would take too much time to do all the shading. I wasn't too keen on using up all of my new markers either.. hehehe, sorry selfish moment there.. >.<
Well anyways, here is what I like to call my Vintage wedding card. I believe I will use this for an upcoming wedding I will be attending. Not quite sure yet, but it's a possibility.
Colored some white daisy prima flowers with a Copic marker and punched out smaller ones in paper, topping them off with a rhinestone brad. Adding a little dramatic flourish in dark brown rounds out this suprisingly elegant card.

Here's a close up:

I really love the way this card turned out. My first attempt at making a vintage card and it's thanks to Randi Wall (the dark mermaid) who listed the inks to create a vintage look on her blog. It's probably going to be something I create more of. =)
Mahalo!
Supplies:
Papers: Taupe card (Hanko); white drawing paper (Canson); dp from the Luxury stack (DCWV); stardust cs; dark brown cs (Bazzil)
Inks/Markers: Tuxedo blk ink (Memento); clear gel sparkle pen (Sakura), Copics
Accessories: White primas, clear rhinestone brads
Punches/Die Cuts: Lg & med daisy flower, label ten (Nestabilities); Serenade Cricut cartridge (flourish)

1 comment:

♥Rach♥ said...

This card is so creative, I love how you made the ovals look like a picture frame, beautiful job :0)