Thursday, March 29, 2012

Let's party with Wryn & Emmy

Hey everyone!
Popping in to share a card I just finished.  I couldn't wait to share it.  I'm planning something else for tomorrow.  :)

If you haven't been by the Tiddly Inks challenge blog today, you might not know that it's Christy's birthday and the DT is having a pretty awesome birthday party for her.  With lots of fun trivia and lots of beautiful birthday cards for her.  Be sure to head on over there and play along, looks like the celebration is going to be going all weekend long.  Pretty cool!

They are also having a birthday bash challenge which is to create a birthday/celebration themed card.  It's been a while since I played in a challenge and since I already had a printed image I decided to play along.


I colored up the BFFs, Wryn and Emmy in some party colors.  I had fun coloring Wryn with red hair and freckles.  A first for me, because I don't really know anyone that is a redhead and has freckles.  (hahaha)  But I wanted to try something new, and that's what this lovely craft is all about right?  Trying new things...  I also went very CAS using paper from The Simple Stories Happy day paper pad as an accent (Thanks Amy for inspiring me!!) and using up some of the printed words from the same paper pad.  The ribbon is one of my favorites and "tied" in wonderfully to create a fun looking wrapped gift.


Okie dokie, gonna "wrap" it up and get outta here.  Hope you all are having a great week, tomorrow's another Aloha Friday and I hope you'll stop by to see what Lilo has up her sleeve to share!  Mahalo for stopping by!  Have a good one!

Hugs,
Leanne

Supplies not listed above:
Dark brown & white cs (Neenah), kraft cs (Recollections)
Copics:
Skin: E000, E00, E01, E11, R20
Wrynn: Hair: R29, E19.  Top: R46, N2.  Vest & shoes: 100. skirt R000
Emmy: Hair: E25, 27, 29.  Dress: C9, 100, R46.  Shoes: R46, N2

17 comments:

Kate said...

This is so beautiful. I love the way you colored them they are so adorable. Perfect.

Hugs,
kate

Danni said...

What a fun and sweet card! Awesome!

mfc.melissamade2 said...

OH WOW!!! This is GORGEOUS!!! Love Wryn's hair color!!! Gorgeous creation and I SO SO love the colors in your card!!! LOVE!
Hugs,
M

ccroll said...

Sooooo gorgeous!!! I love the red hair color!!! :)

Creations by Shirl said...

Gorgeous Leanne...love their colors perfect hair too.... cute Christy will be happy to see your card.... I thought I could make it for the celebration but right now I don't think I can squeeze another in.... yikes.....

Nady said...

Ta carte est superbe! j'adore tes images!! bravo!!
hugs
Nadyne xx

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

These are gorgeous!!! I love the colouring Leanne and those papers are perfect! :)

Pop's Cards said...

Morning gorgeous lady this is stunning fabulous hair! hugs Pops x

Cyndi said...

Super sweet card! Love the image and colors you chose! I might have to get some Wryn images myself!

Arabella said...

This is just gorgeous Leanne! I'm loving that red hair and freckles and the black dress looks like velvet!

Thanks so much for playing along with us at Tiddly Inks!

Arabella

Rachel Parys said...

Ooooo...just saw this on TI's blog!!! LOVE it! Those two are so darn cute! I love the shade of red you used for hair, and her freckles! I have wanted to do freckles, but I'm always afraid I'm going to screw it up. I love what you did with the sentiment! I keep looking at the SS pad, and now I think I will have to get it!!

Mimi said...

Leanne, this is so cute!!! The girls' hair look absolutely gorgeous! Just the perfect amount of embellies! Fantastic card!! ;D

Amy said...

OMGosh! I don't think it gets any cuter than this Leanne and their hair looks fantastic...along with the rest of them too! :) LOVE this!

Joey said...

Leanne this is gorgeous, I love your colouring, thanks for joining us at Tiddly Inks. Joey x

Loopylou. said...

hiyah Leanne!
oh my hun!! this is just too totally awesome!!! :) I LOVE IT!!!!!
Thank you for popping in on the tiddly inkers this week
hugs Lou x

Natasha said...

Leanne - I love your card, your coloring is fabulous!

Natasha

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Leanne, the colouring of their hair is perfect! Absolutely stunning, such a lovely card. So nice to find your site today on my blog hop x