Saturday, March 17, 2012

Happy St. Patrick's Day

Well I have a couple minutes before the day changes, so I better hurry it up!  hahaha!!

Happy St. Paddy's Day everyone!

I found this really cool lineart drawing from one of my favorite artists, Sureya.  It was a commission between Sureya and Nightmaresky whom I found on Deviant Art.  It's been a while since I last went to DA, and I now find that I'm glad I did.  Else I wouldn't have found this cool image to color for this special day.  Tons of awe-mazing artists there and as long as you give credit (which they definitely deserve) you get to color their images.

I thought this guy would make a cool St. Patrick's Day image for my card.  It's very CAS, just him colored up and added a handwritten sentiment.  Meet Domino.  I think he's kinda dapper looking.  Perfect for my card.

Colored with Copics with Stickles here and there.  Pretty stoked on how it turned out although I would really like to work on shadows around him.  Baby steps... lol 

Alrighty, hope you all had a good St. Paddy's day and if you're still celebrating be safe out there!


Have a good night!

xx,
Leanne

Challenges:
MIC - Colour with Green

Supplies:
white cs (Neenah solar white), green gel pen
Copics:




8 comments:

Dena said...

How cool, Leanne! I've been to DA just to look at stuff but didn't know you could download anything! I'll definitely have to check it out! I love anime type images. Reminds me some cartoons I used to watch when I was little! LOL! You did an awesome job coloring this guy! Love all the different shades of green! TFS!

Aloha,
Dena
missdjones.blogspot.com

Creations by Shirl said...

Great coloring on Domino, love all the green shades going on.... I hopped on by and they got some funky images that are so challenging to colour.... Will see, right now I've got too much on my plate for now... LOL!

Rachel Parys said...

He is very cool! What a great St. Patty's day card! Lovin' the greens!!!!

Mimi said...

WOW! Leanne, this is so cool! Awesome coloring job! Have a great day! :D

Nadine said...

This is the best St. Paddy's card I've ever seen Leanne! The image you chose is so cool and your coloring is fantastic. I'd frame that baby up just so I could stare at him all day long, lol!

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Woo-hoo Leanne. This cool dude is exploding with green, even his awesome hair. What a FAB job. Hope you're catching some zzzzzs during your busy weekend. :-)

Sparkplug17 said...

This is just fabulous!

Cyndi said...

Very cool card! Love your coloring!