Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Flutterby Wednesday #196

Good morning everyone!

Apologies for the lateness of my post! 

This week's Flutterby Wednesday challenge has us teaming up with a wonderful non-profit organization, Butterfly Kisses, for another card drive for some well deserving kids and their families.  The challenge this week is to create a Get Well/Thinking of You/Keep Fighting card using your butterfly, fairy or angel.  Our teammate, Nancy, is heading up this challenge and she shared a little bit about the organization, Butterfly Kisses on the FBW blog.  We hope you consider sending in your card(s) to the organization as it would surely brighten any of the wonderful kid's day.

Be sure to visit the rest of the Flutterby Team for lots of inspiration~

 
I created the following CAS "polaroid" style card.  I haven't done one before so it was really fun to let the image and the scene dictate the card.  Hope you like it.
 

This is a Precious Moment image and I found it amongst my stash of uncolored images.  I believe I found it on the internet and couldn't believe I hadn't colored it before.  It was a perfect fit for this week's challenge.  After coloring it up and adding the grass and cloud cover I flipped through some sentiments and the AmyR sentiment was a great fit!  I hand wrote the first part of the sentiment and stamped the sunshine part.  On the inside I stamped "you make me happy" from the same stamp set.  Hoping this brings a little sunshine and smile to the recipient's day. 
 

Hope you consider creating a card for this wonderful card drive and that you decide to send it in to Butterfly Kisses.  Again, check out the FBW blog for all the details and don't forget to include your butterfly, fairy or angel on your card.  Mahalo for stopping by!!  Have a lovely Wednesday!!
 
Hugs,
Leanne
 
(Sorry, but I forgot to take pictures of the Copics!  If I remember what they were I will make sure to update here.) 

16 comments:

Denice said...

Awwwww....this really is precious!

Did you hand draw the grass? What a gorgeous addition to this card!

:Dxx

Creations by Shirl said...

Yes, got to love those Precious Moments I think when I first started blogging they were my fav's to do.... this one is cute...love how you colored the grass and all those wee colorful flowers... Cute card!

Rachel Parys said...

This is adorable!!! Your coloring is fabulous! How do you do your clouds? I like that it is so simple, the image is go great that it doesn't need anything else!

Nadine said...

Lovely card Leanne, perfect for the card drive. So clever to make this image into a 'polaroid' style!

Mimi said...

oh so adorable Leanne! it's wonderful that you made a boy card for the drive, i tend to have trouble finding images for boys. Great job! Have a fantastic day my friend! ;D

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Wow Leanne, this is sooooo cute. I don't usually comment about grass, but this is the best one I've seen. You are G-O-O-D. And of course that darling little boy is so adorable. Have a great day.

Unknown said...

Love the polaroid card. Great idea! The image is so heart warming. I am sure the kids will smile when they receive it.

Danni said...

Awww, so super sweet! What a wonderful card!!

Anna said...

So sweet! Love that you made a card with a boy on it!

Harriet Skelly said...

Leanne this is adorable - love that little boy and the happy scene you created!

Cyndi said...

Super cute...I love this CAS card and the sweet image! Thanks for letting me know I won at ATS!

Mary J said...

WOW!! This is so wonderful Leanne! Your colouring is stunning (as usual!)

Amy said...

This card is oh-so-sweet Leanne! I haven't seen the poloroid idea used as the entire card front before and I love how it allowed you to create/color the entire scene... so cute and clever! Of course it is beautifully colored too! :)

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

Aww what a cutie Leanne! I love this image and your colouring is fabby :) Love the clouds!

Lorraine said...

Oh this is so precious! Love the adorable image and your gorgeous coloring of it and the scenery you created!

Karen Wilson said...

OMGoodness, this is adorable and what a sweet image! Did you design the background as well? LOVE this!