Monday, January 30, 2012

Lollipop Crafts #65

Aloha from CHA everyone!!
Hope you are all enjoying your Monday.  Today is the 2nd day of CHA, I hope to post some pictures soon of what we've been up to since Friday.  If you are attending CHA, please stop by the La-La Land Crafts booth #1780 and say hi!

This week's Lollipop Crafts challenge #65 is Anything Goes.  Woo Hoo!!  Everyone's favorite right?  Well at least it's my favorite.  :)  So for your project go crazy or go CAS.  Whatever you want to create make sure you link it up with us.  For some inspiration from both the A and T Teams head on over to the Lollipop Crafts blog.

Today I wanted to share my finished card featuring Wryn - Close to my Heart, from Tiddly Inks.  Now if you remember I posted a picture of her colored up (here) and was going to post when I finally put her on a card.  Well after much deliberation with layouts, papers, etc...  I finally finished and here it is.  Please be kind!! :)


So what do you think?  I really like how it turned out.  I know it's pretty busy, but I think she needed those big flowers and the black & white theme with the touch of red.  I couldn't really see her anywhere else.  LOL.  The card itself is black cs, the dp are from an old paper stack from Making Memories that I remember buying from Target.  The red is Stardream cs in Jupiter that I bought a few years ago from Kelly Paper Company.  On the left side of the card you can see a very familiar ribbon. Yes, it is actually one of my favorites and I did a fun little double bow. Dangling from the bow are two hearts. I drew in the pattern using Copics R46 and RV000, then I traced over it with a white gel pen (Sakura). The string is red embroidery floss.  Here's a close up of it:


I cut apart the sentiment and mounted each word on to the same red cs. It's my first time doing that, and I really like how fun it looks.

Wryn - Close to my Heart
Alrighty, now it's your turn.  Create a project and link it up on the Lollipop Crafts blog under challenge #65.  We don't have a sponsor this week but you can still be in the running for our top 3!  Looking forward to your projects! 

Mahalo for stopping by.  Let me know what you've been doing while I'm at CHA.  Hoping to post some pictures soon. 

Hugs,
Leanne

7 comments:

Shar said...

Sweet card and love the image! Hey question, you used on my card something to make tiny raised dots, what is that?
Love you, have fun at CHA!

Creations by Shirl said...

Awesome Wryn card Leanne...love her purplish hair....Ooh must be fun with all the excitment going on at the CHA show......
Have a good day....

Sonia said...

Hello Leanne
Absolutely BEAUTIFUL, love your great colouring, the image too...Great JOB!
Enjoy and have fun at the CHA Show.
-Sony
http://sonia-studio60.blogspot.com

Rachel Parys said...

You stinker, ya just gotta rub it in!!! We know, your having a ton of fun... ;P

Great card!! How do you do a double bow?! I too like the words cut out like that, that gives me an idea!

Better get busy! Send us some cool pics of your field trip!

SuiLan said...

Ooh have fun and cute card!

Cami said...

Adorable card and I love her purple hair! She's a cutie! Lucky you, you get to go to CHA see all the wonderful products out there! Have fun!

Cyndi said...

so beautiful! love her purple hair and the colors! hopefully next year i can go cha! have fun!