Saturday, January 7, 2012

August C.A.T.S. share

Hello, yes I'm back.  haha!
As I was going through my posts and some pictures, I noticed that I never posted the card & tag I made for my August C.A.T.S. partner Michelle.  Unfortunately since I made this back in August I don't really remember all the colors or papers I used.  I do remember which stamps and that's about it.  lol!  If you have some time to look I believe this might be a pretty long one with lots of pictures.

Here are a some pictures of what I made using Sister Stamps, Mei Li and the lantern set from Stampin' Up! (Kimono Kids). 



Aha!  It's sort of a peek-a-boo card.  Yes the image is actually adhered to the band.  It slides off to reveal the lanterns at the top of the card.  I had to make sure that the band itself was snug enough to cover the lanterns when it was closed.  Some pictures of the card:

Band with Mei Li on
Peek-a-boo I see some lanterns
The card w/out the band

I stamped the lanterns on the dp, stamped again & colored/stickled them
I popped the 2nd & 4th one up. The 4th one acts as the closure for the card.

The band with Mei Li
Her outfit & lantern were paper pieced, the rest was colored with
Copics and sparkled with Stickles
Next up is the tag.  So when I made the tag I wanted it to be similar in style to the card.  I used two of the lanterns from the SU kit.   Used some scraps to finish this off.  This also has a slider band, but instead of an image I punched out some flowers and added those for a cute decoration.  I cut a slit in the top of the tag to slide the ribbon through.

The tag

Here is the tag opened with the slider still on.
And there you have it.  If you made it to the end thank you for sticking through.  Now, I think I've shared almost all of the projects I've made with the Sister Stamps I have.  I have one more to share that will complete the ones that are out but I think I'll post it tomorrow as this is my second post for today and I don't want you all to get bored.  :)



Arigato for stopping by today!!  Have a wonderful Saturday!! ;)
Hugs,
Leanne


6 comments:

Creations by Shirl said...

My oh my I think this is the best of the bestest I've seen yet with Mei Li... you go Leanne!

Jenny said...

You did a nice job on this one! Happy New Year!

donna mikasa said...

Wow! What an awesome card and tag! I love the paper piecing and those lanterns, too! Michelle is such a lucky recipient! Happy New Year to you!

Mimi said...

Leanne, this is sooo pretty!! the papers and bold colors are awesome! and love her paper pieced outfit! Fabulous card and tag set!! ;)

Nady said...

Wow tes créations sont géniales, trop cute! j'adore tes petites lanternes.
hugs
Nadyne xx

Sonia said...

Super Pretty! love the image.. you are a very creative lady.
Great JOB!!
-Sony