Friday, January 6, 2012

A very sweet surprise!

Hello I'm popping in again for an unexpected post.  I had to share this awesome frame I got just before lunch from my crafty buddy, Kathy, of Pixie Boutique.  Yes, we happen to be co-workers and lunch buddies.  She is so funny & sneaky!  She left a white paper bag on my desk while I was talking to one of our managers on the phone and of course snuck away before I could ask what it was!  So after I hung up I read the card then I opened the gift and this beautiful set of frames was inside featuring some Sister Stamps images and beautiful origami papers.  Totally love all the details on each frame, especially the embossed backdrop for each little girl.  The embossing folders are all from the Cuttlebug Asian set.  Love this set, and of course I have them all.  :)

Here's Miyono, AyakoYoko
Here is a close up of each frame.  Check out all the details she did to create these cute, cute frames..  I have the perfect spot at work to put it.  ;)

Miyono, lantern stamp from Hero Arts. 
Love how she added the lantern inside Miyono's hand
Ayako, I love the papers and love that bridge from the Pagoda Cricut Cartridge.
I'm gonna make a card like this one.  Love how the embossed sakuras
blend with the pretty paper.  :)
Yoko, the bamboo on the left side is also from the Pagoda Cricut cartridge.
Lovin' the embossed white background she looks like she fishing.  :)
She's got me wanting to leave work to make something!! hahaha!  Here's the card that came with the gift, it's not handmade, but still pretty and so matches the theme of the gift:


I also have to share that she got me some sentiments from AmyR with the frames.  She is so sweet, she didn't have to give me any more, but I so am not giving this back. 

Here's the adorable card featuring Anya (Xmas Sweeties) from TGF that she gave to me on Christmas day along with the new Some Odd Girl, In Stitches Tia...


Aw, this girl spoils me too much I tell ya!  hahaha!  I told her I had to post this up so everyone could see it.  She laughed and said she couldn't post it because then I would see and spoil the surprise.  I so appreciate all the creativity, details and time it took her to make the frame and the card.  She's a keeper.  This is the perfect way to end my rough week at work.  ;)  hahaha!

Okie dokie, gotta get back to work.  She not only left this awesome gift on my desk, but some work for me to do too!!  I think she was trying to butter me up!  hahaha!!  Well worth it tho!  Happy Aloha Friday everyone!! 
Hugs,
Leanne

6 comments:

Kate said...

Absolutely Gorgeous Work. You are very luck to receive such a gift.

Hugs,
Kate

Linda said...

This is absolutely cute! I love all 3 of them!!!

Unknown said...

Hey Guru!

I was totally laughing all the way reading your post...we go beyond work hahaha. Thanks for the shout outs much appreciated but your friendship is more than enough =) Glad you liked it and it makes great inspiration when you share =D

xoxo,
NBFFK

Nadine said...

Wow what a sweet, sweet friend! She did a wonderful job on the frames and especially with the Sister Stamps! What a great way to butter you up when she's leaving you work to do!

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Hi Leanne,
WOW, what a nice surprise!!! They are ALL super nice and I love the origami paper. Awesome Xmas card too. Have a great weekend.

Creations by Shirl said...

How awesome to have co-worker's with the same hobby as you.... Great job on all those projects she made for you..
Have a great weekend! "Crafting"