Tuesday, September 27, 2011

WOW.. Photo Inspiration... Oh So Thankful!

Hello everyone!
Wow, I can't believe it's already Wednesday.  Just two more days and my term as a Farm Fresh team member will come to an end.  Until then we have two more challenges to do!  So let's get to today's challenge which is a photo inspiration


Head on over to the Farm Fresh Challenge blog to see what inspired the DT.  Also leave them some love since it's our almost last post.  :)

When I saw this was our inspiration I immediately thought of Thanksgiving.  And what better way to celebrate than with some pumpkins?  I loved the patterns on the table cloth and the glass mugs.  The colors were very Fall-like so I went with that theme.  Here's what I came up with:
Oh so Thankful with Oliver
Now when looking for an image I had to sort through several until I got to an oldie Oliver stamp (O&A My Fav Things).  I just had to figure out how I could incorporate a pumpkin into the image.  I inked up the image and wiped away the fish bowl he was originally carrying.  Then with a pencil first, I drew in the lines to make a pumpkin.  When I was satisfied with my lines I went over them with the same color using my Memento pen.  Last thing was to color him up with my Copics.  Not too shabby if I do say so myself.  :)
The rest is a very simple layout.  The patterned papers are K&Company, I thought they resembled the table cloth in a way.   The cs is from an old DCWV fall stack and ties in all the reddish colors.  isn't the ribbon awesome? It was a gift from Irina, I love how fluffy the bow is.  Must find more of this gorgeous ribbon.  The glass beads represent the mugs on the table.  Lastly the sentiment is from the Spotlight kit and was perfect for my card.

Alrighty friends, time for you to get your thinking and creative caps on and show us what you get out of the picture.  I'll be back in the galleria catching up today, so let's see who links up first.  Hope you enjoy my share and that it brings you a smile to your 1/2 way to Friday day.

The W.O.W. challenge is open until Tuesday; entries are due by 12 PM CST.  The winner is chosen by random draw and wins a free digi of choice! 

Please upload your challenge cards/projects to TGF Galleria > Farm Fresh Challenges 2011 > Which One Wednesday > Photo Inspiration #4

Don't forget to add your link to in-links at the bottom of the post and if you remember also to the SCS site.  Thanks!!



Mahalo for stopping by, have a wonderful day!!
Hugs,
Leanne

4 comments:

Denice said...

Eeek...what a smart girl to put a pumpkin in place of Oliver's fish bowl! Fab job missy!

1LuvnMama said...

OMGosh! You are way too clever Leanne! That is an excellent idea to wipe away the fish bowl and create a pumpkin for this card. Sorry for not stoppin' in on ya . . . so busy and the family has been illin'. I'm trying to slowly make my way back to visiting and seeing all your creations.

Cyndi said...

super cute! he is so adorable and love the look of this card!

Unknown said...

Awesome alteration...