Monday, September 26, 2011

Monday with Lollipop Crafts & my September SSS

Please scroll down for my Farm Fresh Mystery Monday challenge post.  :)

Hey everyone!
Are you ready for another fun challenge with the Lollipop crafts team?  This week is anything goes.  Woo Hoo!!   It's been a month and so far I hope you are all enjoying the wonderful inspirations from both the A & T teams.  It's been a lot of fun for me to create something based on the theme of the challenge and getting to play with the wonderful images.  Head on over to the Lollipop Crafts blog to see both teams showing off their inspirational projects and don't forget to let us all know what you think.  :)

So let's see, I made this card for my September Secret Swap Sister (aka Secret Sister Swap), who will not be named because it's well... a secret.  (haha)  It's also because I don't want her to know I was so excited to get her.  So the theme for the SSS was to use red, orange or brown on the card or project.  Well I decided to use all three.  I recently received the cute Swiss Pixie Sunflower Lula & C.C. Designs Cutter sunflower embossing die from All That Scraps.  So I went for a fun fall colored card.

Swiss Pixie Sunflower Lula & CC Designs Cutter Sunflower
I made this fun gate fold with one of the sunflowers as the closure.  There were a lot of layers to the card that it became pretty stiff when I tried to close it.  Hopefully my SS won't have too much trouble with it.   The sunflowers were colored with Copics, the stems are twine.  The dp is from Basic Grey (Ambrosia) and the cardstock is from Bazzil and Neenah.

I've been making a conscious effort to do something with the inside of my cards.  I love what my fellow FFC DT Sparkle did with the inside of a couple of her cards.  So I did the same.  I made a bit of a mess, but I hope my SSS doesn't hold it against me.  (hehe)

"If friends were flowers, I'd pick you"
I stamped the pretty Amy R Fence sentiment, also from All That Scraps, in spiced marmalade and Lula in lady bug red.  I distressed the inside of the card with the same spiced marmalade using a sponge.  The right side has a pocket that I can slip something fun in.  I hope my secret sister likes this card and the goodies I am sending her.


Alrighty Lollipop friends, make sure to upload your card or project to this week's post.  Can't wait to see what you all make.  Have fun!!

Mahalo for stopping by, hope you enjoyed my share and have a fantastic week!!!  :)

Hugs,
Lilo

7 comments:

kris said...

You are doing a FABULOUS job!!! Love the card, your SS is gonna be so happy!! Great way of incorporating the color theme!! =D

Amy said...

GORGEOUS! Love all the sunflowers and the punched border with Lula! You can just about smell autumn just looking at this card Leanne! Amazing work!

hapagirlren said...

wow wow ms. leanne :) i have to say, i especially LOVE the sunflowers...top to bottom!!! and the inside...she's just perfectly placed :)

Cyndi said...

totally fabulous card! love your coloring, the image and the sunflowers! she will definitely like this!!

Annie's Creations said...

Super Cute...I love that idea for the inside of the card. I always have the same problem not knowing how to make the inside. Thanks!

Sonia said...

Fab creation!

Linda said...

Oh yes girl! I totally LOVE my card!!! And of course all the goodies - you spoil me too! Thanks so much Leanne!!! Now, to case your card ... heehee! xoxo, Linda