Friday, May 24, 2013

Hey There ~ Y&FH Sponsoring CMM challenge

Hey everyone!
I'm back with another card but if you're looking for my LFF #61 share just scroll down... Thanks! :)

Today Yumi and Fumi Handmade is excited to announce that we are sponsoring the newest challenge at Card Makin' Mamas!  To see all the details pop on over to their blog.  The theme is "Rubber", you have to use a rubber stamp, pretty easy yea?  The winner will receive a $15 gift certificate to the Yumi & Fumi Handmade online store.  I hope you'll go over and play along, their challenge is bi-weekly so you'll have plenty of time to think of what you want to submit.  Good luck! :D

Stop by Eva's blog to see her wonderful card with a surprise!! Man, how does she come up with these awesome projects?! So floored each time! Go Eva!! : D

As Card Makin' Mamas is mostly a card challenge it was nice to break out the smaller tools to make a card.  I decided to use our signature Yumi & Fumi stamp for my card and did something different with the layout.  Had fun with paper piecing since I wanted to do the minimal amount of coloring.  The hardest part was trying to figure out which patterned paper to choose from!  In the end I went with scraps of paper from MME, Reunion.


I used my top note Sizzix die from SU for the focal point and stamped Yumi & Fumi.  See those pinwheels?  I purchased that Fiskars punch from Joann's.  Used scraps from the same MME paper pad for them and decorated each center with a flat back pearl then adhered them to a toothpick.  I know I will have lots of fun with that punch. 


Kept the rest of the card pretty simple using another piece of paper from the same paper pad, added two dark brown flat backed pearls to the top corners and for the sentiment, I used one from Paper Smooches.  I smudged some ink on the end of the banner (no bueno!) so I used a circle punch to punch out the same patterned paper to cover it up, I mean make a cool addition to the banner.  (hehe)  Lastly, I rounded the bottom corners to give it a soft edge.  Pretty CAS I think.  Diggin' the end result, now I just have to figure out how to mail this one out?! lol...


That's all for me, hope you'll play along at Card Makin' Mamas.   Mahalo for stopping by today!!  Have a terrific Saturday!!

Hugs,
Leanne

4 comments:

cebelica said...

Your card is wonderful. I think you chose the perfect papers. Those pinwheens look great and really add some dimension to the card. Hugs! xx

Denice said...

OMG, the pinwheels are just stinkin' adorable!!! As is the paper piecing! A ssweet card indeed!
:Dxx

Unknown said...

There is a pinwheel punch?!? I want it now...Does it move? You can totally enter it for FFF if it was a tgf image hehe.

Cyndi said...

Super fun Leanne! Love the pinwheels!