Friday, May 24, 2013

LFF #61 ~ Hugs, Shin-Shin

Hey everyone!

Happy Aloha Friday!!  Hope you are all excited for the weekend.  I know I am!  :)

This is going to be a short one today.  (yay)  For Lilo's Fun Friday #61, my card is a simple one featuring one of the new images from Sister Stamps again, Shin-Shin.  I had a small piece of kraft cardstock, left over from yesterday's project annd since the embossing project was still fresh in my mind I used the same bamboo folder & bamboo leaves ink to make a similar looking background.  I tried to case the adorable shaker card that Jenny, owner of Sister Stamps created for this release.


I purchased a bunch of washi tape last week and now have quite a stash.  (woo hoo!)  One of the purchases was that woodgrain looking one.  Love it!!  I used two cuttlebug embossing folders, the woodgrain one and the bamboo one.  The technique for the embossing was fun to do.  To see the technique scroll down to my previous post.  This actually looks really cool IRL.  I thought it would be fun to keep in with the green theme so I inked up Shin-Shin in the same ink and colored using different shades of green. He's glowing!  (hahaha)  Fussy cut him out and then glued him down.  Stamped "hugs" on the top corner with a Paper Smooches sentiment.  Then I created the pocket for the shaker card.  After pouring in some beads and two punched green 5 petal flowers I closed it up, mounted it on to the woodgrain embossed cardstock with foam squares and then glued to the dark brown cardstock.


Okie dokie that's all I have for today.  Mahalo for stopping by!  I always appreciate your visits, makes my day even brighter. :)  Have a fabulous Friday!!

Hugs,
Lilo

Challenge: Oozak.com Earth Tones (2nd submission)

8 comments:

Lynn said...

Love this panda shaker card. Like the previous post you did well with the green Asian motif. The woodgrain washi tape is one I haven't seen before and I have been collecting them too. Shaker cards never lose their charm for me. Your work is definitely charming.

Jenny said...

Love that woodgrain washi!!! Very cool... gonna go post this on the SS facebook page now!

Jazzmom said...

Love the "natural" look of the card. The woodgrain is very cool. Shin Shin is adorable!

Creations by Shirl said...

Oh my how cute, love how Shin Shin is in the bamboo garden.. Great idea of that washi tape - gee they have tons of different patterns now for them, yeh! Enjoy your happy Friday and long weekend ahead...

Danni said...

What a wonderful card!! Very nice!

Patti J said...

What a fun card! Love the asian style. Thanks for sharing! Your card is perfect for our May challenge at Oozak!

Cyndi said...

Awesome card! Love the technique! Hope you're having a great long weekend!

Samantha Casey said...

That Panda is so cute! You do such beautiful work! Thanks for joining us for the Oozak Challenge!

-Samantha