Thursday, March 28, 2013

Y&FH Challenge #12 Reminder

Hello!!!

Wow it's been so long since I've been here!!  How's everyone doing?  As you can tell my mojo has been hibernating and it's been hard to get crafty lately.  Hoping with the forecast which calls for sunny and bright, that things will pick up.  I have been working on something for my cousin which has my attention and we're planning some fun/cool things at Yumi and Fumi Handmade.  More details soon. (wink, wink)

But today I have a card!  Yay!!  It corresponds with the current challenge at Yumi and Fumi Handmade.  The theme is Springtime and for the past week the rest of the team has shared their beautiful spring creations.  I just love this team!  Today Sandie & I are sharing our springtime cards.  Stop by the Yumi & Fumi Handmade blog for details and then hop on over to Sandie's blog to see the details of her beautiful card.  She's got the greenest thumb I've ever seen!  Wish I had me one of those.  LOL!! 


Here's Fumi with Bear Backpack on my CAS, with no patterned paper themed card!  Yep I said no patterned paper.  {LOL}  I know there are sooo many pretty papers that I could have used, but I wanted to show off three of my newest purchases.  The first is the floral embossing folder from Crafter's Companion which I got at CHA, the second is the Circle Picot Spellbinder (that I have been wanting for like EVER) and the last is the new Evergreen Distress ink I used to create the soft affect inside the circle.  (I bought it after watching Tim Holtz demo it at the last Carson Rubber Stamp Show).  Did you know that there are not going to be anymore limited edition Distress Inks?  I heard it straight from him.  That means they will all be available all year long!  Yep if Tim says it, it's the TRUTH!  (LOL) 

Anyhoos, getting back to my card...

I used two shimmery blue and green pieces of cardstock from Bazzil and matted them together first, then ran them through the embossing folder with my trusty Cuttlebug.  The embossing folder is 6x6 and it fits perfectly through the Cuttlebug.  The impression is gorgeous and unfortunately I hid a lot of the details, but I think you can still see it and appreciate it.  I used a lighter orange Bazzil cardstock called Spoiled Brat (I kid you NOT!) to cut out the biggest Picot circle and then added my slightly distressed image on top.  It looked a bit too plain for a springtime card so I grabbed my sorely neglected flower and sun punches and made some daisies or plumerias (depending on how you look at them) and scattered them around.  One of them happened to land in Fumi's hair and I thought wow looks perfect!

Ok, time to share the prize up for grabs:


You've got until Friday, March 29th, (noon pst) to link up your card/project using Inlinks.  We'll announce the winner on Saturday.  Click HERE to see all the details and to link up your card.  **Remember to follow the challenge rules or else you will not be considered for the prize.  Looking forward to seeing more creations flood our site. 

Well friends, thanks so much for stopping by today.  I'm slowly getting around to visiting your blogs, but boy do I have a lot of catching up to do.  Please don't be too upset if I can't get to all of them. 


Take care!!
Hugs,
Leanne

3 comments:

eva said...

i love how you embossed both papers together! neat idea! and i love those flowers! totally reminds me of plumerias especially since fumi has one in her hair too! reminds me of my school days when we used to pick plumerias and put them behind our ears too. so long ago!

Denice said...

Gotta love the big embossing folders...love the folder you used on this extra springy card!

What an awesome prize package too, with lot's of awesome goodies!

Now throw a butterfly on this sweetie and the color combo is perfect for FBW's challenge this week...blue, green, and yellow color combo.

:Dxx

Cyndi said...

So beautiful!