Saturday, March 9, 2013

DTT - Anya styles in blues & browns

Hi!
Boy, what a week it turned out to be!  Seriously wanted to keep my blog up to date, but posting daily just didn't work out.  It all started on Wednesday night.  I received a last minute invitation to go to a fundraiser/performance show at Disney's California Adventure to see a production of 4 musicals performed by cast members from both Disneyland and California Adventure.  Each team has been practicing their parts for the past 8 weeks and Wednesday was the first night of all their hard work.  It was a great show, the teams were amazing and the energy in the house was electric!!  And in the end a lot of funds were raised for the Boys & Girls Club of Orange County.  It was fun but I got home super super late, and since then I've been dragging!  So no crafting or coloring for a day or two. 

Last night I had some energy and was excited to color up one of the newest Big Anya from The Greeting Farm, Anya Styles.  Well she's new in my book.  LOL!!  Boy am I behind!  Oh my, she was sooooo fun to color!!  I had a blast with every part of the coloring, but I think I love the hair the most.  Here's a close up of the hair. 


I think it has a little motion going on and love how I defined the levels of her hair.  I do see a few mistakes, but I'm not ashamed to be tootin' my own horn, hehe.  I chose the colors based on the current Double Take Tuesday Blues & Browns challenge at TGF and kept my card CAS.


I used a lot of Distress Ink in Walnut Stain and Vintage Photo to distress the main image edges, the dp and the doily.  The sentiment is by Paper Smooches and I handwrote part of it.  I finished by adding some brown half pearls, and the pretty royal blue ribbon to match her top and purse.  Definitely wanted the image to be the main focus.  This card belongs to my co-worker who's birthday  is next week.  I hope she likes it. 

If you live in the LA area and don't have anything to do this weekend and want to pick up some crafty stuff, stop by the Carson Rubber Stamp Convention in Carson, CA.  My friend Kathy, formerly of Pixie Boutique, will be selling TGF and Yumi & Fumi Handmade stamps and our friend, Jenny is going to be selling her jewelry again.  Kathy's new booth is under the Craft-A-Holic banner.  Stop by and say hi, do a make n' take and buy some stamps.  I might be there helping out or walking around the show looking for more crafty stuff to add to my overgrown pile already.  You might definitely find me loitering at the Hanko Designs booth bugging Lori and Norm.  Can't wait to get my hands on some new washi paper and cardstock.  Drool!! (lol)


Okie dokes, have a great Saturday and don't forget about the sketch challenge happening at Yumi & Fumi Handmade.  Click on the sketch at the top of my blog on the right side bar for more details.  Mahalo for stopping by!!

Hugs,
Leanne

I remembered to write down the supplies!
Anya Styles - TGF
Celebrate sentiment - Paper Smooches
Tuxedo Black ink - Memento
Walnut Stain & Vintage Photo Distress Inks - Ranger
Dark brown & white cs - Neenah
Patterned paper - Authentic Collection: Original
Brown half pearls -  Recollections
Royal blue satin ribbon - Details Accessories
Doily - Smart & Final (Yep the grocery/supply store)
Copics:
Hair: N10, E18
Skin: E0000, E51, E21, E11, R20
Blues: B21, B24, B26
Skirt: E71, E74, E77, E79
Boots: E47, E49, E44
Phone: C2, B000, 0

6 comments:

Rachel Parys said...

Stunning!! She pops right off the page! Great card! Thanks for joining the TGF challenge!!!

eva said...

i love her hair too! it's so huge, reminds me of the 80s! wonderful card!

Shar said...

I love this! I will say it again and again you are so brilliant with your crafting!!!!

Nancy Thomas said...

Love the big hair - use to have some like that! Gorgeous color scheme too.

Denice said...

Fabulous coloring! If only I could have hair like that...I'd be flipping it every chance I could!
Anya Styles never looked better!
:Dxx

Lizzie R said...

Great card! The colouring is perfect! She is sooo pretty. This stamp will be on my wishlist for sure! Great job! Thanks for sharing!