Tuesday, March 5, 2013

LAISA

Hello!

Thanks for stopping by today.  I had a friend at work who commissioned me to create a set of letters for one of her friends who was having a baby shower.  She asked for the name LAISA (pronounced Lah-ee-sah), Hello Kitty and the colors pink and green.  Here was my photo inspiration:



Here's what I came up with (apologies in advance for the bad photos, I took them at work):


 Here are close-ups of the letters (thank goodness these were a lot clearer):
 

I used 3 different types of embossing folders, 5 different types of cardstock, including two different patterned papers.  I used an old Sizzix die to create the Hello Kitties.  The wood chip butterflies are from Recollections.  The letters themselves were purchased from Michaels.  I used Mod Podge to glue and seal the paper to the wood and then used a Glossy sealant spray to give it a nice shine.  The ribbons and butterflies were then glued on last.  It's been while since I attempted one of these and I"m proud to say it only took me a couple hours to put together and longer to dry.  The best thing about the whole process was when I showed it to my friend, she said, "It turned out just how I pictured it would!"  I was over the moon!  Love it when a customer is happy with the results.  I have another set of letters that I need to work on, but the name isn't as short, I guess that's why it's taking me so long to finish.  Oy vay! 

Thank you for stopping by!  Hope you have a terrific day and I might have something to share again tomorrow.  Not sure yet.  lol!

Hugs,
Leanne

5 comments:

Kate said...

Such a tough decision, I don't know which one I love more the blanket or those letters. I love them both, you did such a beautiful job with those letters.

Creations by Shirl said...

The letter sign is just adorable Leanne... Great take on the color sketch.... I'm sure the recipient will love it very much when she get's older and understands.
TFS - enjoy your rest of the day!

Denice said...

OMG, this is just gorgeous and I love the inspirational quilt! You did such a nice job with all of the embossing and die cuts...very, very cute!!!!
:Dxx

Lynn said...

Oh Boy! You did a magnificent job on the letters. It is no surprised that the customer was pleased. You have given me some great ideas for what to do with the letters I just bought from BFC. Thanks!

Unknown said...

Awesome color combo and embossing choices! Hello Kitty is always a go for anyone hehe...