Friday, August 20, 2010

A Late Saturday Sketch

Hey! I didn't get a chance to get this card in for the Saturday challenge, but just the same I wanted to post it anyways. CA&F Sketch Saturday #31 has come and gone. The sketch is another winner. Pam is always coming up with some good ones. I had an extra Flirty Edward stamped but uncolored so I decided to use him. I included some grass and a sidewalk. I followed the tutorial from the Color Me Copic post by Mackenzie. She made it super easy to follow, I just love the end result. I have a feeling I will see more of this fun coloring technique in the near future. For the rest of the card I used a plaid dp from The Abbey Road series by My Mind's Eye. This is where I got my insipiration for the colors. I used my icicles MS punch on the border and a reddish brown cs which I embossed using the argyle embossing folder. The sentiment is from Kodomo Inc which I won from Hanko Designs at the annual Carson A Stamp in the Hand stamp show last year. Well I'm going to make sure I get a chance to do the next sketch, as these are all so much fun to do. Mahalo for stopping by to see what I've been up to. Have a great night and a wonderful Saturday. See you later!!
*************
Supplies:
Papers: white & chocolate cs-Neenah; Aqua cs-Bazzil;reddish-brown cs-DCWV; plaid dp-IMME
Stamps: Flirty Edward-TGF & sentiment-Kodomo Inc
Inks: Tuxedo black and rich cocoa-Memento
Copics: E000,17,39,49,77,79; YG03,17,23,25,67; R59; BG0000,32;C0,3,4,5,7,0
Argyle embossing folder-Cuttlebug
Icicles border punch-Martha Stewart

3 comments:

donna mikasa said...

Great sketch and a great card! Love your grass and sidewalk, too! Hope you have a great weekend, Leanne!

Jodi said...

Great take on the sketch and adorable image choice (of course)! Love the background additons too!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Unknown said...

So adorable! I agree with Jodi. Great take on the sketch :)