Sunday, May 23, 2010

CA&F Monday Mania Challenge with.... ME!

Hello and Happy Monday!
If you haven't stopped by the CA&F blog today, please check it out as today's Monday Mania Challenge is with...ME! :) I was super stoked and totally honored to be asked by the fabulous Amy Young to create a challenge for this week's MMC @ CA&F. I went for a 2-parter a color combo and no dp challenge.
So here is the challenge:
First no design or patterned paper (I know a lot of you are probably groaning, but I thought this would be fun to see what you can come up with) & second use the following combo of colors (or similiar to them): My challenge was based on one of the first TGF challenges that I actually won which was a no dp from the fabulous Rachel Schneider and the color combo is one that you don't normally see.
For my first card I used my favorite TGF-WS Ebony and altered her body using Grace's overalls from the (TGF) Hope & Grace set:

Instead of the traditional card I used my Spellbinders to create this scalloped round card. I used my embossing folders to create some dimension to the cs and added some flowers with a little sparkle. Adding the ribbon gave this a little girly touch. The tomboy in me just loves this card and I can't resist her blue eyes.
For my second card I combined Ebony and Hope's dress this time and gave her some light brown eyes.

This is a totally girly card and I took advantage of some embossing folders and punches. Adding lots of flowers always seems to work for me and a super sweet sentiment to add to it doesn't hurt at all.
Well I insist that you get a chance to check out the CA&F blog because the fabulous DT also played along and their cards are just FANTASTIC!!
Here's the run down to play:
Upload a project using a QUALIFYING stamp (these include; Anya, Ian, Wild Sprouts, Hope&Grace, Oliver&Amelia, Cheekies and the Creepy Crew too) into the TGF Galleria>CA&F>Contests/Challenges>Monday Mania>Leanne's no DP/color
(if you don't see the folder right away please check back later)
You have through this Saturday, May 29th, to enter your creation and one lucky winner will be chosen by Leanne to win a single CA&F stamp of their choice (must be in stock). I will announce Leanne's choice with next Monday's post. :)

Have fun with this challenge. I can't wait to see what everyone submits!
MAHALO for stopping by and have a fabulous MONDAY!
Supplies:
Stamps: Ebony, Grace & Hope (TGF); sentiment (StudioG)
Papers: North Sea & Tangelo cs (Bazzil); Shimmery Hot pink cs (Kelly Paper open stock); white cs (Neenah)
Markers & Ink: Copic markers (E33,E00,R20,R85,B24,E21); white, black & clear shimmer gel pens (Sakura); Tuxedo black ink (Memento); Deep Lagoon ink (Versafine)Punches/Die Cuts/Embossing folders: Small & XS five petal flowered punches (Carl craft); scalloped circle & border punches (Martha Stewart)/Circle scalloped & labels 10 die cuts (Spellbinders)/Elegant bouquet EF (Stampin' Up); argyle and swiss dots EF
Ribbon: pink and white (white dots colored with copic B24)(Michael's)
Gems: orange & blue rhinestones (Recollections

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats Leanne! Nice challenge, I can't wait to start working on my card :)

♥Rach♥ said...

Man, this was SUCH a challenge but so much fun! It's funny you mentioned that no DP challenge that you won, I was just looking at your card the other day, I just love it :0)

FAB samples, your altering looks wonderful and those flowers are such a great touch!

Amy said...

Your cards are awesome! I love your altering, Ebony looks so cool both tomboyish and all girly girl! Thanks so much for a fun challenge Leanne!, it really made me think a different way and I enjoyed it...though I'll always love my pretty papers!

Rosie said...

This color challenge is AWESOME and I hope I have time to play! Your cards are fantastic and I LOVE how you pieced the different stamps together on the first card...fabulous!! Also, I wanted to thank you for leaving me such a sweet comment on my blog on my Maria in Yellow! Hugs, Rosemary :)

~*Joni said...

Congratulations on the MM hostessing spot! I love the colors this week Leanne. :D And your cards are so adorable!! I love the combining of images, Marie makes it so easy to do, I feel like a kid again playing with paper dolls. Wonderful embossing folders, the flowers are so pretty! Have a wonderful weekend, I hope it goes nice and slow. ;)