Wednesday, November 20, 2013

CARD for Lola

Today's card is a super CAS one.  My dad asked me to make a card for my aunty Lola's birthday.  Every year she and all her sisters take a trip to Las Vegas for her birthday.  My parents have been going every year to celebrate since my uncle passed away.  Each year I give her a colored image card, but this year I wanted to do something a little more grown up, but still sweet.  Here's what I came up with...

Birthday card for Aunty Lola

I used up more of that chevron and yellow wood grain papers.  I wish I had picked up a couple more sheets of it, I really like both.  I also used some of that pretty floral paper to create the layered flower pictured here using some Noor Designs 8-petal dies.  I alternated between the floral print and the yellow cardstock using all the dies that are in the set.  The leaves are cut with a Paper Smooches die (Poinsettia) and stamped with a Inkadinkado background stamp.  For the ticket, I stamped a Happy Birthday stamp sentiment from AmyR, masked it and stamped a wood grain background over it.  Added a button, a doily, some twine and rounded the corners on two sides and I was done.  Oh and I also distressed all the paper edges with Vintage Photo Distress inks.

Mahalo for stopping by today.  Glad it was a short post... Have a great day!

Hugs,
Leanne

4 comments:

Denice said...

This really is a pretty paper combo...as is your card! Love the flower!
:Dxx

Unknown said...

Fun colors! Love your layering of the flowers! Digging that ticket tag too...lol

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Ohhhh, bet your Aunty Lola will love your card. You did a fab job on the flower. So colorful with all the layers.

Linda said...

Great card Leanne!!! I'm sure your aunty lola loved it and i hope she and your parents had an amazing time in Vegas.