Wednesday, February 15, 2012

FBW #190 - Anything with wings

Hello!

I hope you all had a wonderful Valentine's Day yesterday. 

Are you ready for a new challenge?  Well come on over to the Flutterby Wednesday challenge blog and join us for a one time only twist.  This week and ONLY THIS WEEK you will be able to use ANYTHING WITH WINGS on your card.  Yep that means anything.  Check out the FBW DT makes by using the links on my (left) sidebar (under the Flutterby Wednesday banner).

I totally took advantage of the challenge to create a CAS card using something different but it does have wings.  (lol)


This images is from Fiskars clear stamp set Sweet Pea.  I have been wanting to do more CAS cards and this is as CAS as I can get.  I just couldn't stamp this on white cs, it was just too much white space for me.  But adding the clouds (used tumbled glass distress inks and a stencil) didn't take away too much from the CAS vibe. 


I stamped the image using Versafine black ink on to the cloud covered cs then inked it again with Memento tuxedo black on another piece of white cs.  Colored the propeller & banner with Copics, fussy cut them out and popped them up.  Inside the banner and card I hand wrote "Flying by to say... Hi." (inside).   And that's all she wrote.  (lol)


Can't wait to see what you create.  I'm sure there will be lots of new things with wings this week, but remember it's only for this week so please feel free to take advantage.  Mahalo for stopping by.  Have a great week!

Hugs,
Leanne

Supplies not listed above:

19 comments:

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

That's a cool card and you did a terrific job on the clouds. Just 2 more days till the long weekend. YAY!!!

Tan's Hobbies said...

Hi, Leanne!! Today is my first day visiting your blog. And you know what, I like what I'm seeing =P

This card creation is simple, cute and so lovely. Love the flying banner, love the color combo too. Big hugs from your new follower, Tan.

Creations by Shirl said...

This is a pretty CAS card Leanne...
Sometimes those plain kine can be the cutest cards.... and those clouds looks great... cute wee plane, looks like those old propeller type planes. LOL!

Kate said...

Very Cute CAS Card.

Hugs,
Kate

Rachel Parys said...

Love how you popped up the propeller, it's so cute! My dad would totally dig this card, he loves planes. Cute card!!

Norma said...

OMG! you live in LA, I do too how fun:) I came over from Creations by Shirl and I'm now a new follower. i hope you will stop by my blog and say hi:) Loved looking around at your blog and loved your lovely cards:)
Hugs,
Norma

Sandie said...

This is brilliant!! You've captured it perfectly. xx

Danni said...

And the award for the most creative goes to the gal with the airplane!! Love it!! HOw fun!!

Michelle said...

ha, ha, ha - I wouldn't have thought to use an airplane, lol! Great card...love the dimension you gave it.

Amanda R said...

So neat and I love the dimension on the plane!

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Hi Leanne,
THANK YOU VERY MUCH for the Liebster Blog Award. You made my day. I just posted it on my blog. Have a wonderful and crafty evening. Hugs!!!

Cyndi said...

very fun and creative card!

Karen Wilson said...

Now, this is cool!!! Love this!! What a fun take on this weeks FBW challenge!!

Amy said...

I love your clouds Leanne, they look so cool with the airplane! Your cards are awesome, doesn't matter which style you use to make them!

Sonia said...

Adorable CAS! Great Job!
Love the colors!
-Sony
Sonia-Studio60

Anna said...

Fun card! Love how you popped out the airplane!

donna mikasa said...

This is so COOL, Leanne! I didn't know what the image was at first but to see a plane "head on" is so neat! Great card!

hapagirlren said...

this is just so sweet :) it makes me smile and i can just hear it buzzing by! hehehe...

Kristie W. said...

What a great take on this week's challenge!! Super card, love the dimension you added too.