Monday, September 13, 2010

Happy Hello

Happy Monday! After being MIA for awhile I have a card to share for today. YaY for me! :)
Over at the Color Me Copic blog the fabulous Amy Young has posted another awesome tutorial. This time it's all about straight hair. She makes it look so easy! If you have the chance you must check it out. They are also hosting another challenge and it's based on Amy's tutorial. I tried my hand at it and tho I'm still getting the hang of shadows and hightlights, lowlights and such, I still think I need more practice. But for now, I think I like how this little girl's hair looks. Her name is Akemi and she is one of the sweet little girls from Instyle stamps. I chose to color her hair with different shades of orange. Thought this card would cheer up one of my friends who is bummed about her new work space. I'm hoping the colors will cheer her up and the cute image of Akemi is bound to get some smile out of her.
Well I hope you all get a chance to check out Amy's fantastic hair tutorial and get to play along with the challenge at the CMC blog. Mahalo for stopping by.
***********
Supplies:
Paper: White card-Neenah; black cs-Recollections; green with white dp- M&MBI
Stamp: Akemi-Instyle stamps
Inks: Black tuxedo-Memento
Copics:E21;R05,20;YR02,04,07,16,68;N10;G24
Black ribbon
Sizzix embossing folder
Top Note die cut-Stampin' Up
Daisy flower punches-Marvy
Oval punches-Stampin' Up
Border & round corner punches-Fiskars
Green gem

5 comments:

Amy said...

Oh, this is difinitely a happy card...she won't be able to not smile at it! Her hair looks awesome Leanne and I love the green and black background, she really pops against it! Another awesome card Leanne, and thanks for joining our CMC challenge again!

Angela said...

She is so adorable and you did such a great job on her hair. Amy's tutorial is great and we color our hair almost the same(never would had thought that!! Beacuse I look at her hair and wonder how does she do that. I love her ahie color and againist the black it really pops!!!
Hugs:)
Angela

♥Rach♥ said...

Leanne this it totally wonderful, what awesome colors and you nailed the technique!

Cami said...

Hey! What happened to my comment? It's not here! Anyhooooo, this is a very pretty card and you did a great job coloring her long hair! I love this image and your layout is beautiful! Aloha, Cami

Kelly Booth said...

This is soooo cute!!! Love this Card!!