Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Two late to participate

Hello,
I just finished these two 4x4 cards using TGF's CA&F's Wild Card Wednesday challenge, "Use 5 different kinds of dp on your card." It's too late to submit them for the challenge, but I still wanted to complete it, because I've never used so many dp in one shot, let alone two. This challenge was issued by the awesome CA&F DT artist Amy Young (http://www.athousandsheetsofpaper.blogspot.com/)
I used some dp from a BG stack called "Mellow." Loved the fall colors and how they each complimented the other. I put them both on a dark brown card and punched out small flowers and circles. I inked up my new stamps, Ebony & Camille, for these two cards. Paper pieced their coats and headbands. I used Camille's outfit on Ebony since this was a fall looking card. I had a really good time with the concept and even though these were 4x4's it took a good amount of time to finish. Sorry about the pictures, I will try to take better ones tomorrow.
Here's Ebony:

And Camille:

And the two of them together:

This was a great challenge, and I'm glad you stopped by to take a look at my take on it. Have a good morning!
Supplies:
Stamps: Ebony & Camille (TGF)
Paper: Dark brown card & 5 different dp (BG- Mellow)
Ink/Markers: Tuxedo blk ink (Memento); Copics
Die cuts: Small Flower (Nestabilities) & a small circle punch (Marvy Uchida)

No comments: