Tuesday, March 23, 2010

A Disney Card for Pasha

Hello,

I'm trying to catch up on posting some cards as well as visiting other blogs to leave some love. I made quite a few cards in the past week, but with work so busy (it's our closing period) I have not had any time to actually finish a post. Please be patient with me as I have 5 or 6 cards to post.. Haha.. That's what happens when you don't get to update everyday.
Here is the first card I made for my co-worker's son's 2nd birthday. Can you guess the theme? If you guessed Disney, you are correct! Do you win anything, sorry but all you get is a "GAWRSH!CONGRATULATIONS! haha.."
I used Katsu from Instyle stamps and with the help of my Disney Cricut cartridge came up with this pretty cute card. Instead of cutting out all the different pieces for each Disney character, I simply cut out using the black out option and turned the characters into balloons! I also cut out some Mickey ears and made them extremely big for his head. I hand wrote in his name so it looks like his hat is on backwards, btw, his name is Pasha. =) I used blue and green for the background, which I think came out pretty good. =)

Front of card:
Here is the inside of card:

Using scraps of colored cs, I created shadow images of the characters and using some key phrases each one is known for made this look like a who's who kind of card. Yes, I messed up on the Donald Duck phrase, but it's ok, Pasha's only 2 and he was more interested in the toy I got him than the card. Haha.. I actually enjoyed making this card and loved the completed look.

Glad you could stop by to check out what I've been up to.

Mahalo!

Supplies:

Stamp: Katsu (Instyle stamps)

Inks/Markers: Tuxedo blk ink (Memento); Copic markers, white gel pen (Sakura)

Papers: White card, cardstock in blk, red, green (2 kinds), blue (3 kinds), yellow, lavendar, brown and pink

Cut outs: Images from Disney Mickey Font Cricut cartridge

No comments: