Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Dodger Blues

Good morning and Happy Wednesday. The week is almost over and it's raining in L.A! Yesterday was beautiful weather and now it's raining! Ah well, we need the rain, just that it brings out the worst drivers ever! haha..
Today's cards are for a co-worker's birthday. He loves the LA Dodgers so I thought I would attempt to, if not get it correct, at least get part of the uniform matching.. The only item that I could match was the hat.. Aw well, I'm sure he'll like it anyways cause its Dodgers..
First card: Dodger Blue Fan
I used Baseball Ian and altered the hat with the LA Dodger logo. I kept it simple with just blues, grays and some white and a touch of red.. Oh yea and punched circles and made them into baseballs... simple simple..

Second card: Dodger Blue Chef
I used Chef Ian and altered him into a her. Adding a ponytail and changed her eyes and added glasses.. Gotta say it, I love her! haha.. She is sort of a replica of my co-worker Doreen who is a master chef.. She is going to make a cake in the image of the ball that I have here on the platter.. Crossing my fingers she didn't deviate from the plan. Again keeping it simple with blues, grays and some white. Only a touch of color on the cake and the candle.. You probably can't tell but I diamond glazed the cake to make it shine.. Oh and added a little bit of glitter to the candle flame.. Try click on the image to see a close up..

Thanks for stopping by! Have a great Wednesday and if you live in Cali, stay dry and drive safe!!!
Aloha!

Supplies used:
Stamps: Baseball Ian & Chef Ian from The Greeting Farm
Inks: Blk tuxedo Memento ink, Red Sakura gel pen, ultramarine, strong red, C08, dark brown, white sakura gel pen, glitter clear sakura gel pen
Papers: Light gray and medium gray cardstock, dark blue cardstock, white cardstock
Diamond glaze
Embossing folders from Cuttlebug and Sizzix

2 comments:

Angela said...

ok, why did I not see these cards yesterday!!
They are just awesome and I love the altering you did. Chef Ian is now a GIRL!!! Too cute!!!
Hugs,
Angela

Amy said...

These are both fantastic but I'm totally diggin' your altered chef... she looks AMAZING! Very, very cool Leanne!