Monday, February 2, 2015

KBD Spotlight - Year of the Sheep

Hello everyone!

It's really great to be back from my winter break, looking forward to sharing some fun Kitty Bee Designs posts for 2015!!  Wow, can't believe it's already February!!  Who agrees that 2015 is going by super fast?!  Me!!  hahaha!  Since today is the first Monday of the month, its time for a spotlight post from me.  What better way than to start off with my version of the Chinese New Year red envelope, or lucky money envelope.  This year is the Year of the Sheep/Ram.


Did you know that Kitty Bee Designs has a full Chinese Zodiac set of stamps?  I know most of you probably didn't, but there are 3 sets and each has either 3 or 4 stamps in each set.  I have been wanting to use this sweet little guy since last year!  hahaha!   So happy to finally put him on a project.  Yay! 
I used scraps of my favorite Hanko washi paper here.  Woot to me for using up some scraps!  The sentiment was computer generated, cut down and matted to a scrap of red cardstock.  Actually most of this project was made with scrap paper.  Inside the pocket there is a special message...


While my parents were in Hilo, my mom stopped by Island Scrapbooking to pick up some of their awesome laser cut words. The sentiment above was one of them.  I clipped the words apart and glued them down.  Isn't the sheep/ram adorable?  I had fun coloring him and then fun-cutting him out.  He's glued down flat so that when the recipient slides it out it doesn't get stuck.  Turning over the envelope I adhered a scrap die cut word (Little B) that was also in my scrap pile.  You can't tell but there are two pockets in this envelope, one for the special message and one for some lucky money.


Here's the project side-by-side...  Unfortunately, you can't tell that I sprayed the yellow with some shimmer spray so it went from a bright yellow to a fancy looking bright gold paper.  Love that stuff!! 


Before I sign off I wanted to remind you about our current challenge that started last Friday.  It's an easy one, Valentine's Day/ Love.  Hope you'll join us!!


From me to you, Wishing you Good fortune for 2015!  Kung Hee Fat Choy!  May it be prosperous!


6 comments:

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

OMGosh these are so super cute and yes, this year is going by super fast!!!

eva said...

oh, this is so pretty! i love the colors, it's so fancy! love the sentiment too.

Denice said...

Oh my, these are adorable! So glad you're back to blogging and sharing all of your creative projects....they definately inspire me to think outside of the box.

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

So beautiful Leanne. The red and gold color combo is really elegant. Super awesome.

Lynn said...

Oooh! Great lucky money envelope! Love the colors and background prints...works well with the project.

Thanh Vo said...

CUTE!!! You are making me really want to go to town on making CNY cards :)