Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Gemma on Cloud 9

Hello!!  Happy Hump Day!!

Today I have a few fun projects to share.  My lovely friend Melissa asked me to be a guest on the A Random Fan blog today, and I was happy to say yes.  I have seen these cute and whimsical images around blogland and Facebook.  I chose to showcase Gemma on Cloud 9 (Includes 3 images: Gemma, clouds, and both together) today.  She's so darn cute and as soon as I saw her I knew exactly what I wanted to do.  A CAS card with clouds and bright colors...  Here's the end result...


It's been quite some time since I used my cloud stencil and distress ink pad with a TH sponge to make the billowy clouds.  I added two white felt clouds for some texture.  Colored the clouds, rainbow and Gemma with Copics.  She was a lot of fun to color, so were the clouds and the rainbow.  I used a white gel pen to add some dots to Gemma's hair and the rainbow.  The card base is red and I matted the scene on to a piece of black cardstock.  The sentiment is part of my growing computer generated collection. 

I had some time to color up two more of Gemma (alone) in a smaller scale and popped them on to some MFT die cut tags. 


I stayed with the CAS design.  Went for a fun Naughty & Nice theme here...  Now I have a question for you...  Which tag do you think I colored all with Copics?  Including the clouds?  If you guessed the "naughty" one then you have a good eye!  Here's a closer look...


Yes, I colored the clouds with Copics and used my cloud stencil as a guide.  Being able to use the stencil made it super easy and I was able to be more precise without worrying about getting ink on my colored image.  Happy to say this is a one layered tag and now that I've experimented with markers and my stencil I might be making more scenes with clouds colored with Copics. 


Not to be outdone, the "nice" tag has a fun element as well.  I did use the TH sponge & Distress ink for the background clouds, but I also added a felt cloud right under Gemma. :)  
Now she's got a comfy spot to rest on.  I was totally stuck on what do to with the top part of the tag until I stopped by Rachel's awesome blog.  Her cute tags inspired me to break out my little clothes pins and twine and add it to the top.  Thanks Rachel!


I hope you weren't too bored with all my babbling and enjoyed today's projects.  I'd like to thank Melissa and Sherry for having me showcase Gemma on Cloud 9 today, I hope you're inspired as well.  Here are some links to A Random Fan's blog, to the Etsy store where you can pick up some really cute and whimsical digis, and to their challenge blog.  Thanks for stopping by, have a terrific day!!

2 comments:

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Awwww, Gemma is super adorable and looks like a sweet angel on Cloud 9. You did a fabulous job on the clouds. Looks sooooo real. Happy, happy crafting.

Denice said...

I'm like a magnet to our blog when it comes to your clouds!
Such a fabulous card, and the naughty vs nice tags make me smile.
Congrats on your GDT....you rocked it my friend!
:Dxx