Thursday, March 6, 2014

Slightly altered candy jar

Morning!

I have this jar at work and before I transformed it it was obviously pretty plain.  I keep a stash of supplies at work for times when I need to take a break the computer.  Most of it is old stuff or items I have multiples of.  Yes, if you came to my desk one of the drawers is full of craft supplies. (hahaha)  

With some scraps of patterned paper, ribbon ric-rac, a couple of pre-colored images and a couple of punches I was able to transform it into a fun candy dispenser for one of my favorite candies, Werther's Original butterscotch candy.


Above is a picture of the side where the jar opens.  On top of the lid are two scallop punches of patterned paper.  I used a brown sharpie pen/marker to give the inside of the scallops a simple design and inside the smaller scallop I wrote Sweet Treats ♥, these are all glued down with Dots.  As you can see there is some pretty blue patterned paper with flowers and stars wrapped around the base of the jar.  I had that pink ric-rac ribbon in my stash so I used that to cover up the top of the patterned paper.   On one side of the jar is my pre-colored Boho-Anya (retired) image from TGF...


I colored her a when she first debuted way back when and she has been hanging out on my computer monitor at work.  On the other side is another image, WS-Annika (also a retired TGF image) I colored up, probably around the same time as this one and she has also been hanging out on my other computer monitor at work...


I colored her using the Copic cool grays.  She's popped on with some double sided Dots.  A very quick and easy transformation. 
Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day!

Hugs,
Leanne

2 comments:

Denice said...

What a cute project, very clever to "hide" the candy with paper. That way when it looks empty everyone will stop eating it, leaving more for you. Clever indeed! LOL!
:Dxx

eva said...

how cute! love those 2 tgf images!