Saturday, March 22, 2014

Faux Stitching

Hi ya!

Today's card is all about faux stitching.  I'm so not the kind of gal who'll pull out the sewing machine, for a card, but I envy those talented ladies that do.  I can't sew straight (much to my grandmother's dismay) but boy my faux stitching is pretty awesome! It's also much straighter than my regular sewing and it's so much faster!  (hahaha)  I'm glad I finally finished this card.  It was just waiting for the right layout and it came in the form of the current Deconstructed Sketch.  It made me smile when I was done.


Today's card features Winter Yumi.  I've been on this blue and green kick for some time now.  (They are two of my favorite colors) and once I figure out what to do with the other colored images I'll share.  As you can see I've done faux stitching on almost every part of the card as well as Yumi's hat.  The patterned papers are scraps from K&Company (Jubilee) & Confetti by Colorbok and I like how the colors seems to pull together even with the hot pinks.  The sentiment stamped on to the white banner is from Make It Crafty and yes I faux stitched it with blue ink. hehehe...


Anyone playing in any of the March Madness pools?  I stopped doing that several years ago since I don't watch college basketball like I used to.  I have no clue who's good or bad nowadays and you can't always rely on the #1 team making it to the finals as they always seem to get knocked out early. (Knock on wood)  Well good luck to you if you are.  Hopefully I'll get to watch a few minutes of some of the games in between enjoying the weekend, but for now, I'll settle for getting this post up.  :) Okie dokes, thanks for stopping by today, have a terrific day!

*Seize the Birthday challenge

12 comments:

Blankina said...

Leanne such a cheery and cool card!
Love the faux stitching ( esp. on her hat! ),
Have a great weekend, Hugs Blankina

Lynn said...

Wow, you stitch like a sewing machine! How do you make the stitches so even? I really like what you did on this card...sort of like a quilt but more interesting because of the cute image. You are a pen-holding seamstress worthy of a blue ribbon prize!

Rachel Parys said...

Wow-wee!!! Love it on the card, and then to put it on the hat was brilliant!! What a cute design!

eva said...

very cool card, leanne! i love the faux stitching too.

Unknown said...

Faux stitching is the way to go! lol I havne't pull my sewing machine out in a loooooong time! Your card is awesome, Leanne!
Hope you are enjoying your weekend!

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Awesome card Leanne and your faux stitching is fabulous. I must look into that. Hope you're having a fun and super crafty weekend.

SuiLan said...

Awesome card Leanne! I love your faux stitching! I'm in the same boat as you regarding that department! LOL! I think you did a great job... I would've never known it was faux.

cebelica said...

He he! I so know what you mean! I can't stitch straight either. No way! I tried, but the result was terrible. lol However, I do like stitching on cards, but for some reason I never do faux stitching either (though I keep saying I will). So unlike you, I don't even rock this one. Oh well, maybe one day I will give it a go ...
Your card is awesome! hugs! xx

Unknown said...

What a clever way to change up Yumi's hat. The stitching adds such a nice touch and makes me itch to get a sewing machine hehe.

Nancy said...

I am right there with you on the sewing straight...I am so envious of those that sew on their cards. Maybe one day I will try again! Your Faux stitching is PERFECT and your card is super cute! Great colors too! Thanks for sharing with us over at Seize the Birthday...and btw...yes March Madness is full swing in this house! Go Michigan....For Hubby's sake not mine! LOL :)

JoAnn said...

Fabulous card. Your faux stitching looks great. Love your coloring of the cute image. Thanks for sharing at Seize the Birthday.

eunice said...

Wow, Leanne...your gel pen stitchin' skills are awesome! Is that a Signo gel pen you're using? Geez, I wish I could get my faux stitching to look as good as yours...you did an awesome job on this, especially on the hat...double WOW!