Saturday, June 26, 2010

My Time to Shine

Happy Saturday! It's gloomy this morning here in So Cal, but should burn off by mid afternoon to a beautiful summer day. I'm planning to head out to Torrance and then to Redondo Beach for a Hawaiian concert, A Night in Polynesia. It's been too long since I've heard the music of the islands. Should be tons of fun since I'll be with one of my best buddies, and crafting girlie, Renate & her bf Zach. I can't wait. :)
This week's WCW challenge on the CA&F blog is a sketch by DT gal Kim. It's a pretty cool sketch that can be interpreted in any direction:
Make sure you check out the post and all the cool inspirational ideas the rest of the DT came up with. Truly fabulous! :)
So I was trying to think up what I wanted to do this time. I remembered I had purchased a stamp set from CTMH a few years ago. An idea was popping into my head about maybe a vintage looking card, I just had to figure out which cutie from the TGF line would want to be the main character. I opened my TGF stamp bin and there sitting on top was the Roll Call kit and lo and behold Mr. Jeremy was saying, "Pick me! Pick me!" so I did. Dontcha just love it when the stamps talk to you?! I do. :) haha.. I actually messed up on the coloring, got some color on the bottom of Jeremy's face and instead of scrapping and inking a new one I added a 5 o'clock shadow, think it worked out. He looks so grown-up. ;) I chose to go with no dp with the intention of making my own and using black, brown and kraft for my color scheme. I chose a few stamps from the Make It Count set from CTMH. On a piece of kraft cs I stamped the background and rounded out the corners. On another piece of kraft cs stamped and cut out the clock with the clock accessories: It was really time consuming cutting out the smaller of the accessories, I wasn't about to attempt to do it with the bigger one. To give it a mechanical feel I added some chrome eyelets to the center of each. Here is the completed card:

This is truly a guy card and I'm glad with the result.
Mahalo for stopping by on a Saturday to see what I've been up to. Maybe I'll have something to post about the concert tomorrow. In the meantime, have a wonderful Saturday doing something fun and relaxing! ^.^
*****************
Supplies:
Paper: Kraft & brown cs (Nenah & DCWV)
Stamps: Jeremy, numbers, clock and "Time" (TGF Roll Call kit & CTMH Make It Count set)
Ink/Marker: Tuxedo black & rich cocoa (Memento)/Various markers (Copics)
Labels 8 die cut (Spellbinders) and Swiss Dots embossing folder (Sizzix)
Brown ribbon
Chrome eyelets
Corner round punch (Fiskars)

*****
Sweet news! My little ole' card was chosen as the winner. What an honor to be chosen out of all the great submissions!! Mahalo! Hugs, Leanne

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Such a nice card! I love all the details. Have a great time at the concert. Hugs :)