Sunday, June 6, 2010

Dee Dee

Happy Sunday, it seems like a really long time since I made anything so getting back in to the swing of things I made this card for the CA&F sketch #21 challenge: I used off white card from Hanko Designs. Looks like I'm still in the no dp mode, but have a feeling I will be leaving that realm soon. For this card I used the sweet WS Dee Dee (TGF). I was able to make her hair look a bit curly by using shades of dark gray and black for detail. I really like how she looks.
Instead of using a strip of pp or dp I thought it would be cool to use a roller stamp (Stampin Up)instead behind the main image. I used three different colored inks from Color Box (canary, cyan & cranberry). It looks like a tie-dye strip which is what I was going for. For depth I used three different embossing folders for each piece of cs. I flower embossed (S/U) and used a border punch (S/U) for the aqua blue (patina - bazzil) cs. Embossed pebbles (Cuttlebug)and used a scalloped oval die cut (spellbinders) on the red cs (bazzil). With the yellow cs(pollen-bazzil) I also used a scalloped oval dc (spellbinders) and used a flower embossing folder (sizzix). It looks fresh and inviting and actually "Pretty cool" (TGF Roll Call kit) to me. :)
Mahalo for looking!!! :)

3 comments:

♥Rach♥ said...

So pretty Leanne! I love all the beautiful embossing and the pretty flowers up the back, I may totally steal that idea! And give you full credit of course :0)

Amy said...

That stamped background looks SO cool Leanne, love that idea! Super cute card all around! :)

Angela said...

Oh I love little Miss Dee Dee!! Love the colors you used and the whole card looks great!!
Hugs:)
Angela