Saturday, April 17, 2010

Surf's Up

Good morning and Happy Saturday!!
It's going to be a busy weekend for me. Lots to do today and tomorrow! I'll be getting some crafting in this morning with my buddy Renate. woohoo! Then off to a birthday party at Chuck E. Cheese (yikes!) and then a house warming after that. Boy will I be toast when I finally get home.. lol.. On to my card:
I used the sketch from TGF's FFF for this card. Love the simple layout!:

I was altering two TGF stamps (Surfer Ian and Mermaid Anya) the other night and made a surfer Anya.. She's just cruising in the tube on her surf board like she's a pro:

I diamond glazed her flower, her board and a few of the flowers on her shorts. Here is the completed card:

The dp is from the DCWV Tahiti Beach stack (Love it!), which brought some texture and color to the card. Instead of using a button I punched out a sentiment and made it into a button pushing through some twine that I found. I wish I had a Surf's up stamp but the "For you" sentiment works for me.
Well I gotta get my stuff packed for today's craft session, so I'll say Aloha for now and hope you have a fun-filled weekend! Mahalo for stopping by!

Supplies: Stamps: Surfer Ian & Mermaid Anya (TGF); sentiment (Hero Arts)|Papers: white card; blk cs; various dp from Tahiti Beach stack (DCWV)|Inks/Markers: Tuxedo blk ink (Memento);various Copics|Punches: circles (Stampin' Up)|Extras: Diamond glaze (Judikins) & some twine

2 comments:

Amy said...

I absolutely LOVE this alteration Leanne! I totally think Marie needs to make a surfin' Anya now just like her! :)
Awesome card!

Randi said...

SO ADORABLE! What a clever and cool combo of stamps!! Fantastic altering!