Saturday, November 21, 2015

A Fat Free Boba-licious Bday Card

Hello!

Wow it's been so long since I've visited blogland.  I hope you've all been doing well. Apologies for not being able to stop by.  Since coming back from the La-La Land Craft Retreat my days have been super busy with work stuff and my nights with craft projects so posting and visiting have been put on the back burner until today.  I do have a fun card to share with you today.


This is the birthday card I made for my friend/co-worker, Delaram.  A little background on the card...  Delaram LOVES boba milk tea.  There is a local donut shop by our office that sells the one she really likes and at one point she was going every day and sometimes twice in one day!  Now a days she's limiting herself to 2 a week, unless it's been a stressful day.  So in honor of her love of boba milk tea I created the card above using MFT dies, and the cutest boba milk tea image (TGF Frappi Anya with a few alterations of the cup & removal of the bow) plus a TGF cutting die.  I also was able to use the cool embossing folder on the green cardstock, which made the perfect background for the card.

To create the boba milk tea I used the Die-namices LLD Cool cup dies. First cutting them out of white cardstock, coloring them, then cutting the same out of transparency paper to make it look like the actual cups.  I added the handwritten tags to represent the days of the week and the dark brown circles on the bottom of the cup represent the boba.  On the inside of the card I handwrote, "Hope you have a fat-free BOBA-licious birthday!"  Needless to say she loved it after she figured out what was in the cups.  (Yay! hahaha!)


Well that's all for now, hoping to stop by to visit some of my favorite blogs soon, I know you've been creating up a storm and I can't wait to see what you've been up to.  Have a wonderful Saturday friends!!  Thank you for stopping by! 

3 comments:

Lynn said...

Absolutely adorable Bday card! Love the image and how you represented the boba tea. Great how you were really able to personalize this card.

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

What a perfect card for your co-worker. Bet she was tickled pink with your sweet card.

Denice said...

Very sweet, I bet your co-worker loved it when you gave it to her. I've never had boba milk tea....hmmmmm, maybe it's something I should try?!!
Good to see you crafting, all your projects are wonderful!