Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Thanks Boss!

Hi everyone!

Today I have another envelope/tag/card to share.  This one I made especially for one of my co-workers who decided to go back to his country and help out with the family business.  It will be really hard to get used to him not being around, thinking he's on vacation will get old after a month.  When he would go on vacation we knew he'd be back, this time he won't and we're all going to have to deal with that when the time comes, in each of our own way.  He's been with us for 7 years and is not only a co-worker, but a friend.  He will be truly missed.  He actually wasn't my boss, but it was a running joke between us and we'd call each other "boss".  Yep gonna miss that too.

For the image I knew I would choose the new Sister Stamps mochi kids and as he's a guy I thought Hideo was perfect.  The colors I chose were blues and golds, sorta like the Spam colors (hahaha), but seriously the colors are the color of the spam can.  (haha, he'd like that as he's a fan of spam).   Sorry for getting off track!

You can read all about Hideo on the Sister Stamps blog post HERE.



I went with the same peek-a-boo window frame using the SB circles.  The washi paper is from Hanko Designs and is perfect for a guy card.  When the tag is pulled out you get to see the secret message...


This time I used the Best Wishes laser die-cut word from Island Scrapbooking.  I inked it up with gold ink and sprinkled on clear embossing powder.  The effect is like brushed gold.  Very cool...  Here's the back of the envelope:

 

As you can see I embossed the gold cardstock, and using the blue circle that was leftover from cutting the front window I added the gold numbers (CC Cutters bubble number die) and glued it as close to the center as possible.  Added some strips of the washi paper to close it in.  Here's the tag:


CAS is the name of the game here.  I used another IS laser die-cut word and colored it to match his gi.  Using the Crafter's Companion Kanji Collection set 1 stamps (bummer these are discontinued) I double stamped before inking it on to my tag first because I wanted it to be a bit faded but still able to read the words. 


Wanted to show off the washi paper once again.  Isn't it pretty?!  It has golds, shimmery blues, greys and there is some kanji on there, love the print as well.   On his last day we were given "homework" by my other co-worker/his work sister who was not there.  The "homework" was to surprise him by decorating his cubicle... No we won't say the word trash because everything was intact (hahaha)...  Here's a mash-up photo:


I think the worst of it was the confetti!  All around our area I kept seeing sparkly objects on the ground.  He was a good sport about it, but was bent on revenge..  hahaha...  His poor sister didn't get as bad a treatment, but she was none the less surprised when she got to work to find a lot of her stuff pinned to the walls outside of her cubicle!  Brother/sister revelry at it's best.  Here are a couple more pics from the office and our outing to BJs...  Good times..


These are only a few pictures, but you can certainly see how much he will be missed.  Especially when things go wacky with our systems...  hahaha!!

Itadakimasu!

Well before I get mushy I'll sign off.  (hahaha)  Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you're having a great day!!

Hugs,
Leanne

7 comments:

eva said...

such a wonderful project! love all the gold and the peek a boo look.

Creations by Shirl said...

Hey Leanne!
Another cool tag/envelope card...
I wanted to pop in and say that I also CAS this idea from you. I looked at your first posting as said to myself this is one easy project to do.... So I have it scheduled in two weeks to be posted.... I'm also will be doing another one and won't get it posted until the ending of this month....
TFS - enjoy your evening....

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Ohhhh, I sure love the Spam colored washi paper you used. You make me laugh. Perfect design for a guy and I bet he'll be all smiles.

Denice said...

Looks like a fun place to work, sorry you're losing your boss....he sounds like a great guy. I bet he loved his card...so cute and clever!

Unknown said...

Lol!!! What a perfect image you used for your "Boss" Looks like work won't be the same for you guys but don't worry...you can always keep in touch ;P Love your project and details...you so should do a tutorial or do a get together so I can make one of these lol!

Unknown said...

This is really cool, Leanne! I second to a tutorial!
Happy New Year, Leanne! Hope you are doing well! By the way, are you going to CHA? I will be there this Saturday, meeting up with Lisa and Sparkle

Cyndi said...

Love your project! Very creative! Happy new year!