Sunday, September 1, 2013

Who's surprising who? (LOL)

Good morning and Happy September!!
Yay! My very own Renate' Winter banner!! Isn't it kawaii?!! Si!  Had to add it to my b-day post! :)

It's my birthday today and there are a few sneaky fabulous ladies who are throwing me a surprise birthday blog hop on the Yumi & Fumi Handmade blog!  Yep, I accidentally found out about it when today's scheduled challenge post did not go live!  Needless to say I figured out why the post was not up and just how sneaky my teams and friends can be!  Gotta love them all, which I do!!  But I got the last laugh I think.  hehehe...  Popping in to say Thank you in advance for the wonderful surprise from all that participated in the hop.  You all touched my heart with your wonderful creations and definitely brightened up my day even more than it already will be.  So on my behalf...  Arigato!

Altered wooden picture frame featuring Fumi with Gift


While I was in Hawaii I spent some time at the local art supply store, Ben Franklin and a local scrapbook store, Island Scrapbooking. There I was able to pick up a few crafty items to play with from each store.  This awesome wooden frame was purchased at BF.  I also purchased the beautiful washi paper, mod podge, and mod podge spray and Bo Bunny pearls from there. The die cut sentiment and some of the small flowers were purchased from IS.  What a cute little store and the owner Michele is so awesome! If you ever get the chance and you're in Hilo, stop by her shop and check out all the cute items available for purchase.  You'll also see some very familiar projects inside.  Wish I could have spent a little more time to look around.  Yep after 4 trips I still think I could have looked around and found more fun stuff to buy! hahaha!

Anyhoos, I had so much fun altering this frame.  I actually went back to BF and bought a few more to bring back home.  I'll share the other two frames I made soon.  But thought I would get the jump on my team and let them know how much I appreciate their wonderful surprise with a surprise of my own! hahaha!!

Thank you ladies from the bottom of my heart!!  It's truly wonderful and thoughtful and I can't wait to hop around!  Please stop by the blog to check out the hop and please stop by everyone's blog and leave them some love, like I plan to later today.  *Who knows there might be a random give-a-way from me! :)

Fumi with Gift
To everyone celebrating today... Happy Birthday!!  May it be blessed and wonderful!
Hugs,
Leanne

14 comments:

cebelica said...

You naughty, naughty girl. You weren't supposed to peek. ;)
But anyways ... Happy, happy birthday to you! Have an AMAZING day. May this year be full of happiness and sparkly moments that will make your life special. All the best! Big hugs! xx

Blankina said...

Hi Leanne I have dedicated a golden card with Fumi to you..
Wish you all the best, have a fun birthday and please continue to create beautiful things!
Hugs Blankina

cebelica said...

Ooops, forgot to add ... I LOVE how you altered this frame. The colours are gorgeous. Amwesome work! xx

Henriëtte said...

Hi Leanne, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Hope you have a great day.
Hugs Henriette

Shar said...

Happy happy birthday! Sorry I did not get to spend more time with you! I would have lived to do some crafty craziness with you! I love you so very much!

Shar said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Danni said...

Happy Birthday!! Hope it's a great day!! Wish I had known so I could've made something for you!!
Love your creation, so pretty!!

Unknown said...

This is beautiful, Leanne!
Happy Birthday! Enjoy your day! Catch up with you soon for lunch! :)

eva said...

happy birthday, leanne!

Denice said...

Someone should spank the b/day girl for peeking!! LOL!

Hope you have a happy and well celebrated day!

:Dxx

Lynn said...

Happy Birthday Leanne! I was glad to hear that you had fun shopping at the Hilo Ben Franklin Crafts. The BFC stores in the islands all have a slightly different look and sometimes merchandise, so it's great to stop at each one while island hopping. Hope your birthday is a memorable one full of love and excitement.

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LEANNE!!! Your DT and friends pulled off a nice and sneaky hi-jacking job. Hope you're enjoying YOUR day!!! Love your frame project too. I should go check out those frames at BFC. Makes a nice gift.

Unknown said...

You sure are on top of these surprises now...we need to be more creative...LOL Happy Birthday to YOU! Hope you have the best memories to add on year after year! ChEERS! I really like you frame by the way such gorgeous colors.

Linda said...

Happy birthday Leanne! I hope you enjoyed the blog post!