Friday, August 2, 2013

Lilo's Fun Friday #62: For the Bride & Groom

New updates:
Y&FH blog:  We've introduced our new team, have you been by to see?  Click on each team name to go to the post:  TEAM YUMI and TEAM FUMI make sure to stop by each of their blogs to leave them some love. :)

Kitty Bee Designs blog:  There is a new Aloha Friday challenge up. Click HERE for more details.  Stop by and see what the Kitties are up to. :)

Happy Aloha Friday Everyone!
It's been a long time since I've posted a Lilo's Fun Friday, so today I thought I'd take the time to update that.  (I will try to post a LLF when I'm not posting for KBD.)  

For today's Lilos' Fun Friday I wanted to share a new card I just finished.  One of my good friends asked if I could make a wedding card for her niece who just recently got married.  She was so sweet, saying she wanted a one-of-a-kind card.  She knows how to get to me. (haha)  Actually I was happy to make one, it's been a while since I made a card for this occasion, so it was a nice change.  It was a toss up between two of my favorite images, but I decided to choose this one because of a picture my friend sent me from the wedding.  I thought this image suited the couple and the picture she shared.   I went with a simple layered design with papers from MME. 

Wedding card with Mr. & Mrs.

The image is called Mr. & Mrs. from Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps. After choosing the papers and dies I just started to build the card up.  Love the MME paper, it's so pretty and sparkly. Thought adding the doily gave it a really nice touch.  The sentiment is from AmyR Wedding sentiments and I used an EK Success punch to cut it out. Lastly I added the photo corners.  Yes I did fussy cut the image.  Almost lopped off her arm!  It was a close call, and I'm happy to report that no one was hurt in the process. ;)

Inside of wedding card
Normally I don't make anything on the inside, but it didn't feel finished to me, so I mimicked the front, but instead of an image I chose two more sentiments from the same AmyR Wedding sentiments set.  I was so proud of myself for getting the sentiment straight inside the heart on the first try!  yay!  The second sentiment was cut using the same EK punch as the one on the front of the card.  This card turned out to be a favorite of mine after I was done.  

Mr. & Mrs. Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps
Congratulations to the bride and groom!  I really hope they like the card.  Thanks Rose for asking. I had a lot of fun making this one. 

It's going to be a busy weekend for me but I'll try to stop by and see what you've been up to.  Mahalo for stopping by!  Have a great weekend!

Hugs,
Lilo

7 comments:

Creations by Shirl said...

Aw this is so darn cute, love it...
I'm working on my nephew's one and boy I'm stressed out putting it together.... Enjoy your happy Friday!

Lynn said...

Oh, they are going to LOVE this card. It is absolutely perfect. I love how you put just the right amount of detail...not overly frilly. Your color palette is non-traditional for a wedding card, but it works extremely well because red and pink makes me think of love. Thanks for sharing your inspirational talent.

eva said...

pretty! love the pretty papers!

Unknown said...

This is so beautiful, Leanne! I love those papers!

Colleen said...

What a beautiful card Leanne! I am sure that your friend's niece and hubby will love it.

Even though you are having a busy weekend I hope that you have a little time to relax and craft. :)

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

awwww leanne this is just so gorgeous!!! such a beautiful design :D

karalschuknecht said...

Great wedding card, beautifully done.