Wednesday, June 19, 2013

You color my world Friend

Howdy!

Congrats to Danielle Bradbury for winning the Voice!  She's AWEmazing as were all the finalists.  That's another win for Team Blake! Yay!!  So sad that we'll have to wait for the next season.  Going to miss Usher and Shakira.  But glad they'll be back the following season.  Looking forward to picking up new music from this years group, everyone was pretty terrific.  This show is truly one of my favorites, not only does it have amazing talent, but it has both drama, comedy and heart.

I'm popping in to share a card I just finished this morning!  I started on it last night with the coloring of my image and this morning finished putting it together as soon as the rest of it came to me.  Do you ever have that problem when you're just stuck on what you want to make so you start off coloring and even though you pull things together it just doesn't "click" yet once you step away from it, or in my case, slept on it the whole idea just comes quik? What's up with that?! hahaha  Please tell me I'm not the only one that happens to?

Anyhoos, here's my card featuring one of the newest Sister Stamp mermaids, Eliana.  So happy that SS is branching out a little bit with not only the Zodiac images but also these adorable mermaids to add to the already wonderful collection of Asian inspired kids.  You can purchase any of the Sister Stamps in the Yumi & Fumi Handmade store here.  Here's Eliana with her little friend, Coral, letting her know that she colors her world with her friendship.  :)



I used the distress ink inside the embossing folder technique, and in this case several distress ink colors.  (Yep my go-to thing right now)  Once I embossed the panel I went over it on top with the same colors to make the raised parts stand out.  I added those bubble stickers for fun. I stamped Eliana on Copic Xpress It white card and colored her with Copics.  I had a bit of fun with the colors and tried that dot-dot-dot-blend-blend-blend Eva was talking about.  It was fun and as you can see it didn't turn out too bad.  I also went with a fun colored hair color, hey why not?!  The other thing I did that was a lot different is that I dotted the left side of her body including her face, neck and left arm with some blues and greens and on top of that added sparkle.  I pictured it as her make-up or part of who she is.  All things are different under the sea.  Her little friend Coral is also colored similarly including the sparkle on her face.  Kindred spirits.  No she does not come with Eliana, she's actually from a totally different stamp set yet they totally fit together. 

You can't really see any of the sparkle in the first picture so I took another picture.


Lots of sparkle going on here, but I think it adds a little happy to the card.  (lol)  The sentiment is from Paper Smooches and was perfect for my card.  Since the panel had so much color to it I used a black card to mount it to.  If you look close at her flower in her hair you'll see I added some small microbeads. All I did was used a dot and pressed the beads to the top.  (See below for details)


Well that's all I have today.  I'm looking forward to working on another new image and hopefully will have something to share soon.  Thanks for stopping by!

Hugs,
Leanne

List of supplies: (Yes I actually remembered!)
Stamps: Eliana (Sister Stamps); Fish (Recollections baby sea animals); sentiment (Paper Smooches)
Cardstock: Neenah and Copic Xpress It
Embossing folder: Thoughtful Collection Peace (Craft Concepts via SCACD)
Stickles: Diamond, Start Dust, Crystal (Ranger)
Corner punch: Fiskars
Bubble stickers (Recollections)
Microbeads (Recollections)
Memento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko)
Distress inks: Mustard seed, spiced marmalade, evergreen bough, tumbled glass, broken china
Copics: E00, E51, E21, R20, BG45, BG32, G00, BG0000, R22, R08, Y17, Y18, YR61, YR31.
:)

6 comments:

Debi said...

Absolutely FABulous card Leanne! The colors are just WOW and all the details like the sparkles on her face and arm as well as the beads in the flowers, too! I'll have to try the embossed folder technique. Beautiful!

Heidi Brawley said...

AWE your card is Gorgeous!! I love this fun mermaid!!

Mimi said...

WOW! This is so beautiful Leanne! The embossing looks fabulous and love the new techniques you tried! Awesome card! Have a great weekend! ;D

Cyndi said...

Just beautiful! Love the techniques and colors! Have a great weekend!

Unknown said...

Such a fun card you did here! I like the glitter face and little beads on the flower!

Nancy Thomas said...

Beautiful - it looks more like a painting than a card.