Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Many Thanks

Good morning!!

It's back to work for me today.  I was supposed to meet up with my friend Nancy for dinner last night but her son had other plans for her.  He decided to make his appearance so dinner was definitely canceled!  {hahaha}  Last I heard she and he were doing good.  She asked me to make her some baby shower Thank you cards and she was brave enough to let me do my own design.  Love when I have free creative reign.  Her theme had lots of monkeys and she loves butterflies so for me it was pretty easy to come up with something that incorporated both.

 
It was really nice to not have to think about coloring an image.  I used a beautiful butterfly embossing folder on kraft cardstock.  Added white pigment ink to distress the edges to give it a soft look.  The monkey is from the Sweet November rubber stamp Safari Pals set.  I love how big each of the rubber stamps are and now ATS has scroll cut their stamps which is really nice.  I slightly altered the monkey by wiping away the mouth and adding a smiley face.  The sentiment is from Paper Smooches and it was stamped with white ink and embossed with white powder.  I rounded the bottom corners of the card and the final touch was adding the small butterflies.


Now that he's here I can't wait to meet him!  Okie dokes, that's it for me today.  Mahalo for stopping by today.  Have a great day!!
Hugs,
Leanne

9 comments:

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

oooh so sweet! i love this! those butterflies are just so pretty. i love the embossing and the kraft is so elegant. i'm sure she loved these! :D

Creations by Shirl said...

Adorable TU cards, the monkey is way too cute...

Rachel Parys said...

These are fantastic!! Great CAS cards, and so nice to have a bunch already made! Super cute!

Denice said...

Isn't it great when a card goes together so well, especially when you have a handful or more to make! A sweet design...love the kraft!
:Dxx

eva said...

wow, you sure made a lot! so wonderful you were able to combine butterflies and the monkey. that butterfly embossing folder is pretty!

Heidi Brawley said...

AWE these came out super cute!!!

Cyndi said...

This is so adorable! The monkey looks great with the butterflies!

Amy said...

Such a cool looking card, love the embossed butterflies with the die cut ones and monkey looks so sweet with the smile!

Unknown said...

AHHH!!! I see another embossing folder needing to be added to my collection! On another note, I love how everything goes well together and the monkey is so adorable!! She will so love it!