Tuesday, April 26, 2011

WOW - Sketch #2




Happy Wednesday my friends!!  Today at the Farm Fresh Challenge blog we are getting sketchy with this week's W.O.W. challenge.  Before I give you the details, I just want to say MAHALO to you all.  I'm so happy that we had so many awesome submissions for the NO PINK challenge last week.  Everyone did an amazing job!  Thank you so much for playing, hope it wasn't too bad for you. :)  Now this week we're back to a sketch challenge and  our own DT member Tasha has given us a good one.  I don't know about you all, but sometimes I just get stuck when I'm trying to make a card.  Sketches are one of the best ways to get me out of that situation.  Here's the sketch:


 Pretty cool yah?  :)  For more details on what the DT has in store for you, check out the Challenge Blog HERE.  And now check out what I made using Tasha's sketch:


I hadn't inked up this little guy, who's name is Paul, in quite some time and I thought giving him blue eyes and red hair would be fun to go with his orange and baby blue track suit.  You can find him along with 9 of his other Wild Sprout friends on the Roll Call kit from The Greeting Farm.  The sentiment, "This one is for YOU!," is from the Spotlight kit.  I really like the fact that you can mix and match the stamps with any sentiment.  The papers are from MME, Fine & Dandy.  Usually I pick the papers before I ink up the image, but this time I went the other way around.  I thought these papers went really well with my guy Paul here and distressing with the browns as well as framing those different colors with brown cs gave this card a lot of warmth.  Lastly, I wrote out the words ENJOY :) on some of that brown cs and cut them into strips and adhered them separately.  I enjoyed making this card a lot.

Ok, now here are the details for the W.O.W. Challenge:

  • Open until Tuesday
  • Entries are due by 12 PM CST
  • Use ANY TGF image
  • Upload your challenge cards/projects to TGF Galleria > Farm Fresh Challenges 2011 > Which One Wednesday > Sketch 2.
The winner will be chosen by random draw and will win a free TGF digi of choice!

Alrighty now it's your turn.  Let's see if we can get more creations in the Galleria this week.  Have fun with it!!

Mahalo for stopping by.  Have a wonderful Wednesday!!

Hugs,
Lilo

8 comments:

1LuvnMama said...

Hee, hee! Luv that handwritten "ENJOY", especially with that smiley face! What an added touch Leanne! Great job on the sketch!

donna mikasa said...

Hi Leanne! Great sketch and very cool card! Love the papers you paired with Paul, too. Hope you're having a great week!

Jessica Diedrich said...

WOW! I LOVE this take on the sketch! Great details and your coloring rocks!

Mimi said...

Awesome card Leanne! Love the colors and your take on the sketch is fabulous! Fabulous hair on Paul! Have a great week! ;)

Nady said...

Your card is gorgeous, I love the colors and the sketch is super inspiring. Good evening my friend.
Hugs
Nadyne xx

Amy said...

Such a cool guy card Leanne! Love those papers with the bit of black!
Awesome take on the sketch, it's fab! :)

Alice said...

this so cute! sweet card!

Tasha said...

WOW you totally rocked my sketch Leanne this is awesome! The mix of papers is fab and i love the image you used
love tasha xx