Sunday, January 16, 2011

Pink, Black & Skulls

Hello, I wanted to share the latest card I made. It's a pretty simple one except for the image I used. It's actually 4 images in one. Can you tell? This was another birthday card for a co-worker. She loves skulls, but not so much into pink, but I thought it was the perfect combination. I stamped 3 of the Greeting Farm Creepers (Sweet, Wednesday & Friday) and used parts of them to create this one. The shirt was from an old TGF stamp set, perfect for my card. I used Copics to color everything and Stickles to glitter the skulls. Since the image itself was the main focus I stamped the pink skull (also from the Sweet & Toxic TFG stamp set) all over the cover of the card and used a kid quote from Inkadinkado to finish it off. My co-worker Doreen had the same idea and made a cake using pink frosting and a skull with a bow. You can't tell in the picture above but yes, that was a pink cake, not orange or red. Sorry the quality is so bad, my cell phone doesn't have a flash so the lighting is pretty dark.
And this is what the rest of the card looks like. Told ya it was plain and simple. Kinda sassy too huh? I had a great time mixing and matching the different images to create this one. Can't wait to do another one with a different mix of stamps. Mahalo for stopping by!! Enjoy the rest of your Sunday!! Hugs, Leanne

3 comments:

maribeth27 said...

OMG! Your soo clever!!! I thought The Greeting Farms came up with another new Creepers to their collection! But this is an AMAZING IDEA!!! Love it and TFS! :D

♥Rach♥ said...

Fabulous altering, love the skulls theme, this is tooooo cute!

Amy said...

Love this Leanne! You may call it simple but I think this card is fantabulous! Great idea to make your own background paper with the skulls and your altering of the stamps is superb...I can't tell that it isn't just one stamp! And the kid quote is perfect! Too fun! :)