Sunday, November 14, 2010

Happy Birthday Kat!

Yesterday we celebrated Kat's birthday with good food, lots of drinks, and tons of laughter. We went to a Korean BBQ restaurant in Cerritos, CA called The Corner Place. Although we came out smelling like Korean BBQ, it was worth it, the food was so ono, yummy!
The card I made for Kat was based on the TGF Wed toot background masking by Anna Maria. Instead of using a TGF stamp tho, I used a Sweet November stamp, the beautiful Fidget Goblinspider, in honor of Sweet November's 1st Birthday/Anniversary. I hope I did the stamp justice. I colored her up with blacks, grays and greens. I used a couple other stamps for the sakuras and the background. I also sparkled up Fidget's green polka dots, and her wings. I didn't stamp the bottom of the card like in the picture above, but if I had a stamp I would have stamped that saying. :)
I think I'll enter this card in the ATS challenge, hey why not! Enjoy the rest of your Sunday, either happily crafting or relaxing. Mahalo for stopping by.
*********
Supplies:
Papers: Black cs-Recollections; white cs-Neenah
Stamps: Fidget Goblinspider-Sweet November; background stamp-Inkadinkado; sakura flower-Inkdinkado clear stamp Asian by design series
Inks: Black tuxedo; cottage ivy-Memento; Fresh green-colorbox
Embossing powder: clear
Stickles: Crystal clear
Copic markers: various

6 comments:

Angela said...

Hi Leanne, I am so sorry it has taken me so long to stop by. I was thinking this month was going to be slower but that has not been the case. I wnat about 5 days of no projects due just so I can play with my none DT stamps and have time to comment!!
THis is so cute Leanne I love Amy's little fairies and you did an awesome job on her. Thank you for all your sweet comments and I hope you are doing well.
Hugs:)
Angela

Unknown said...

Hi Leanne! Glad you had a great time, your card is beautiful. Thanks for sharing :)

Amy said...

You've done a marvelous job with Fidget Leanne, she looks amazing! I love the sparkly dots on her dress and the background paper is so pretty! Awesome card!

WickedPixie said...

Great job with the masking! This card is wonderful! :-)Traci

Risa said...

What a super cute card!!! Your image is beautiful and your details are fab! Thanks for joining us at ATS!
hugs
Risa:)

Angela said...

I knew I haven't seen any blog post in my bashboard fromm you so I ahd to come by and see if for some reason I just wasn't seeing them. And it's been a month since you have posted anything... I hope you are okay. If so just leave me a comment so I know you are okay. I am hoping it's just that you are soooo busy with all your Chrismas things your getting done and ready for. Sending you hugs!!!
HAVE A WONDERFUL CHRISTMAS!!
Angela